We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pending Review period

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Pending Review period

I posted a review over 3 days ago that is still showing as "pending", yet it should have been approved within 48 hrs..so why is it still pending and not approved? There is nothing Salacious about the review, quite the reverse.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pending Review period

Welcome to the forum, Kevin!

While TripAdvisor claims that most reviews are published within 48 hours, many are not. It may take weeks. As long as your review is showing as pending there is nothing you should do but wait.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,163 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pending Review period

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Kevin;

I would suggest that you re-read the information once again. It states "usually within 48 hours".

Reviews from new users can, and usually are, a bit slower to be posted. They can be posted in as little as a day, or as long as a few weeks, depending on the staff’s workload at TripAdvisor.

Does your review show as “Pending” in the contributions area of your profile ?

1) Have you looked in the "Contributions" area on your profile page to see if the review is showing as "Pending" ?

If your review shows as pending, it has not yet been vetted by TA staff.

2) Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system. TA sends an email for you to confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

You have to click on the link in the email in order for the review to be published. If you don't click on the link in the email within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

As it has been less than 2 weeks since you submitted your review, I would suggest remaining patient.

Best Regards

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pending Review period

Was the OP unclear? He said he posted a review 3 day ago and that it is showing as pending.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pending Review period

Kevin, I would advise reading the Top Question on the right of this page (the same as any forum that has them) that says "When Will My Review Be Posted.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pending Review period

Thanks for the reply...I did receive the email you mention when I drafted the review and the email does work, as this post was notified to me when you posted it too..thanks for the help :-)

UPDATE 5 Jun 14 - the review is now posted..thanks

Kevin

Edited: 05 June 2014, 16:29
6. Re: Pending Review period

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16