We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listing

Dubrovnik
5 posts
Save Topic
Listing

Hi,

I am trying to add my business for listing as hundred of clients ask me to do so.

Tried few times and each time I got negative e-mail back.

Part of returned e-mail:

"We're sorry, but we were unable to verify that the property meets our listing guidelines from the information provided."

I have official business, register travel agency, specialized in boat trips. We do daily trips with boats for last 9 years. Every day clients asking how to post a review and I decided to add it for listing.

It doesn't look that someone took the name, but could be some similar. Anyway I don't think that's the problem.

I have review where clients mentioned me in July 2009.

Could you please let me know what I have to do and how to add my business on list so clients can post review?

I'll put in signature company site.

Many thanks in advance for your quick response.

Kind regards,

Niksa Smojver

(DUBROVNIK BOATS)

www.dubrovnikboats.com

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,674 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listing

It doesn't look as though you have any scheduled tours published on your website. Here are the listing requirements for Things to Do:

https:/…200614767

And specifically for Activities. You would be an Activity, not an Attraction:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

If your excursions are day trips, it would be better, for a TA listing, to call them that. Also these day trips need to be lifted up one level, equal in the list with: Home, Services, Our Fleet, etc. Consider changing to: Home, Services, Day Trips, Our Fleet, etc. Trip Advisor doesn't like the day tours hidden. Day Tours should be easily seen on your home page.

All the listing guideline requirements need to be met. Then try submitting your request for a listing again.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,057 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Listing

Hi Niksa;

>>"travel agency, specialized in boat trips"<<

You refer to your business as a travel agency, and after taking a quick look at your site, I would agree.

TripAdvisor does not accept listings of overnight tours, multi-day tours, tour agents, tour agencies, booking sites, travel agencies, reservation/booking sites, or accommodation directories.

Best Regards

Edited: 06 June 2014, 13:08
Dubrovnik
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Listing

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I'll make those changes and try to do listing again....

MANY THANKS !!!!

Dubrovnik
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Listing

Yes, but we are not just an agent or similar. We own boats and doing day trips, transfers etc. all the time.

There are lot of travel agencies listed on TA.....

Thanks !!!!!!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Listing

"There are lot of travel agencies listed on TA....." This is true. They get listed ONLY for their day tour offerings; unfortunately the owners don't get that.

Are these your day tours? dubrovnikboats.com/services/excursions-by-bo…

Why do they include "final cleaning"? That makes them sound like overnight.

Silvia

PS: Transfer companies are not listed on TA either. Only day tours.

Dubrovnik
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Listing

Yes, that's our day tours. All are completely private, no other people to be on boat then clients that book it.

Final cleaning is written because lot of clients ask if they need to pay anything extra when book. One of the often question is "final cleaning".

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Listing

Sorry, but I can't imagine taking a tour and have to clean the boat afterwards. Anyway, Tripadvisor is not going to start digging on your webpage to find your day tours, and also they are not marked as day tours on the page they are at now. Since you can only get a listing for those tours, you'll be better off making a new webpage with your day tour offerings. Keep in mind that only those day tours can be reviewed; nothing else.

Do read the listing guidelines before submitting again, if you decide to do that: http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Silvia

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,057 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Listing

Hi Niksa;

IF you submit your business again, and IF you submit a link to that day tour page, and IF TA staff accept your listings request, ONLY your day tours could be reviewed.

IF your listing starts receiving numerous reviews of your other offerings, those reviews, or your entire listing, will be deleted by TA staff.

Best Regards

Dubrovnik
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Listing

Thanks for those advice

I'll try like that. Hope it will work

Kind regards,

Niksa

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Listing

I think we should say that only the day tours should be reviewed. TripAdvisor publishes scads of multi-day tour reviews.