We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting Tripadvisor

Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Contacting Tripadvisor

Hello,

for several days I'm trying to send a message to Tripadvisor. I'm using Help Center->Contact Us->General Support->Reviews->Questions about Guidelines

No matter how long (or short) the message is the following error message is shown:

We're sorry, but there was a problem with your request. Please try submitting it again later.

Is there an email address that can be used until this has been fixed?

41 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,045 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

Hi there,

No, I'm afraid there is no email address for you to use, just the help center forms. Try clearing your browser's cache, and see if it works.

There are been several reports with different forms, not just from the Help Center, that is triggering that message. By the way, which browser are you using? Are you signing on to Tripadvisor.com or another TA site?

Silvia

Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

I get it with FF, IE, Chrome. Have deleted cache, cookies etc.; even tried the private modes. I'm signing on to tripadvisor.com.

Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

I get it on the iPad, too.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,045 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

I just used the form to test it and works for me, but I'm using Safari and also connected to .com. That's very strange that you get it in the iPad too.

Hang in there. Let's see if TA_Jeanine, who works for Tripadvisor, sees your post.

Silvia

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

Hi das,

Thanks Silvia for letting me know about this. I'm sorry you are having a hard time reaching us with your question. We have limited capabilities to sign in as members-- I've signed in as you and see the error when I try and submit that help center request as well. I've escalated this issue to our Help Center team to see if they can help figure out why this is happening with your account.

In the meantime, can you send me a private message and tell me what your question is? Maybe I can help, or I can turn it into a Help Center ticket for our review team to answer you directly.

Best Regards,

Jeanine

Germany
Level Contributor
21 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

Thank you so much for looking into this. I have just sent you a private message.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

I too am trying to contact Trip Advisor re: a restaurant in Sydney which seems to have mysteriously fallen over 2500 rungs below in a very brief time without any bad reviews!

How can this happen?

Quite ridiculous.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

Hi dhmadm ~

Are you the owner of the restaurant or an interested TA member? If a member, TA will not tell you a thing. The change in ranking is none of our business. But, from prior comments on this forum, the restaurant owner could have violated guidelines in such a serious way that Trip Advisor found it necessary to penalise the property.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

I booked - or thought I had booked a room for the 4th of July - Using Trip Advisor linking me to Hotelsclick.com. When I reached out to the hotel to see if I could change the booking they had no record of the booking and were sold out. My card was charged for the booking. I understand Hotelsclick.com has a history of bait and switch. I will no longer use Trip Advisor since you support such an operation. You also might consider some form of real customer service - It is impossible to contact your company - Once again making me ask why I was using you in the first place. Regards, Darrell Ewalt

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,932 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Contacting Tripadvisor

Well, Darrell, difficulty in contacting TA and their lack of any real customer support for bookings is one of the reasons I won't use this site for anything of that nature.

You should continue to use other features of TA, though, such as the forums, as there is a lot of very good and useful information to be gained here. It's unfortunate that TA relies on the revenue for advertisers like Hotelclick.com to support the other areas of the site, but that's life.

Reply to: Contacting Tripadvisor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted