We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,885 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Topic
Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

I can't find the answer in the Help Center.

1. Re: Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 21:17
Edited: 11 June 2014, 21:17
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,938 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

I was going to say yes, but that's only yes in forum posts.

I can't imagine that anything personal is allowed on a Traveler Article. Good question!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,885 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

Since the blog is of a personal "we've been there, we did this, etc" nature, I also was thinking it did not belong in a Traveler Article. I rolled it back.

I would like to know for sure though ;-)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,286 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

If I remember correctly, TA_Karen is responsible for traveler articles. I'd make contact with her to clarify. www.tripadvisor.com/members-forums/TA_Karen

Boylston...
Destination Expert
for Tripbod
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

Hi

Generally we would allow a personal blog IF it is one of several resources on a page, like any other website. Some people do include valuable discussions about culture, travel arrangements, etc. that members could benefit from in their travel blogs.

Of course, if someone is plastering a link to their blog in every article they submit or in lots of existing articles in a geography, that would be considered spam.

I can take a look at the specific instance if you want and if I need to clarify more, I'll post back here - add the link here to this thread or PM me.

Thanks!

TA_Karen

6. Re: Are blog links allowed in Traveler Articles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:16