We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
90 posts
892 reviews
Save Topic
Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Hi Folks,

I wrote a few reviews last week and had a confirmation email that said thanks a bunch would you like to make another review. I still have the emails in the name of the reviews from TA. The pending statues was there and had the red message icon on the page. Then all were gone. All the reviews were erased? I have no pending status and no red icons. I also opened the page to write a new review of the ones I had reviewed and a message did not pop up that should have to say " You have already recently reviewed this place would you like to again" Instead a normal review for popped up as if I had never reviewed the location.

Any help here?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Have you written to TA asking what's happened? You can do so via the following link: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport click "reviews" then "status of my review" - it's worth bookmarking the main Support link above.

For future information there is a link to the Help Center at the bottom of every page.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
90 posts
892 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Thanks, good info!

I thought maybe some other might have experienced the same

Edited: 15 June 2014, 11:30
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,069 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Hi ExplorerXYZ;

It sounds to me like you failed to respond to a verification email. TA sends an email for you to confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system. You have to click on the link in the email to confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

For an exact answer, you will need to contact TA staff directly by using this web form.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

Best Regards

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

You're welcome Explorer...feel free to post back and let us know what happened, always nice to hear about different situations and how they were resolved, it can help others too ! :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
90 posts
892 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

I sent in the request to support. However I looked through my deleted mails and didn't see a verification email.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Count on 5-7 business before you get a reply.

USA
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

With as many reviews as you write, ExplorerXYZ, I am surprised you would notice that some are missing. Eleven of your reviews have last week's date.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,069 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

>>"However I looked through my deleted mails and didn't see a verification email."<<

I would suggest checking your spam folder as well.

Best Regards

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
90 posts
892 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

As a follow up I looked through all my folders and I did not find any verification emails. I did find all the original emails from TA station "thanks for the review" Then on some of the reviews when I tried to rewrite the review it had a draft stored. However for these drafts stored I already received a confirmation from TA that they had received my review.

I rewrote all the reviews and they have been posted at this time.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review Written, Email Recieved, No Pending Status, Gone

Excellent stuff, thanks for the update :)