We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
127 reviews
Save Topic
How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

I think it is awfully sneaky of you to have the box demanding that we be "kept logged in from this computer" always checked instead of allowing us to check it. I am on my daughter's computer and your pop up did not accept my first log in. I then tried again, without unchecking the box, and it now has me permanently logged in on this computer, which is annoying to her.

How can I switch that back to not being automatically logged in on ANY device unless I request it?

So annoying I feel like deleting my account!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,558 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

At the top edge of the screen is a link that says "Sign out." So sign out.

Edited: 18 June 2014, 04:31
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

To be a bit more precise you'll find a circular copy of your avatar at the top right-hand side of this page. It says 'Hi, first name/initial.' Click on the Hi... link and you'll see a 'Sign out' link at the bottom of the list. I always log out from TA when not using my personal pc, laptop, etc.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,668 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

Tempest - meet teapot.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,558 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

Sodo, hmm, I'm on my iPad and don't have that drop down format. Nor do I have a disc shaped avy. I'm always signed in, so can't remember but maybe your description is what I would find on my desktop. And on my iPhone it is somewhere else yet again. Maybe HUMTAB and Support needs to require people to say what their device is before they can post! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

PhilaMonma, there is no sneakiness, TA does not insist on having the box ticked, you can simply untick it!!!

I suspect you just made a typo first time and then got it right second time and wrongly assumed it was ticking the box that made it right rather than you unknownly just getting it right second time. And then you had a conniption :-)

You can of course sign out, as said above top right click on "Hi PhilaMomma" and a drop down appears which includes ."sign out"

On an iPad it says sign out at the top right no need to click on your name.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,042 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

You can also set your browser not to accept cookies from Tripadvisor. Without cookies, you can't remain logged in. Or use your browser in Private Browsing mode.

Silvia

7. Re: How can I keep from being constantly logged in from this com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:17