We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum guidelines on original content have incorrect link

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Forum guidelines on original content have incorrect link

The Help Center Forum Guidelines have an item on authentic and original content. It links to more information on solicitation (Can I sell or promote services in the forums?) rather than on original content. I'm not sure this item had a link to more information in the past.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,438 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum guidelines on original content have incorrect link

Have a look at this thread to see the recent editing. Looks like the link now needs addressing. Maybe Dan will have another look.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7512961…

And this one got recent attention at the same time.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7566197…

Bottom line, some text in the links got brought out of the links on to the main guidelines page.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum guidelines on original content have incorrect link

Yes, it was those threads that had me take yet another look at the guidelines. I think someone just copied the previous link by mistake.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum guidelines on original content have incorrect link

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out, Route128North. Not sure how that happened, but I have to admit that the circumstantial evidence points to me. I've now corrected the link.

Thanks again for your help!

-- Dan

4. Re: Forum guidelines on original content have incorrect link

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 07:20