We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fake + passport???

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Topic
fake + passport???

I just saw this post on the forum: tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k5840761-…

Can anyone please make me understand what is this "fake + passport" scam.

Thanks,

Happyness

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,604 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fake + passport???

Hi Happyness;

It is a scam to get your personal and private information, to be used for criminal purposes, under the guise that you are ordering a "fake ID" of some sort, as a gag gift.

Best Regards

Edited: 25 June 2014, 05:59
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: fake + passport???

Ohhh....I never saw something like this on Indian Forum. Thanks a lot dear for replying.

Happyness

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,604 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fake + passport???

You're Welcome !

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fake + passport???

TA's spam filters have improved a lot in the last couple of years and much of it is now caught automatically before it even hits the forums but there are always new scams coming out that slip through the filters.

If you ever see a forum post that appears to be selling something just just click on the 'Report Inappropriate content' link in the post

5. Re: fake + passport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:17