We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Hello,

I wanted to reach out and hopefully get a chance to talk with someone at TripAdvisor. I am the owner of a new company in Jackson, WY, call Teton Backcountry Rentals. I have applied to be listed on your site, but we have been denied twice. I think I may have been denied because of the address I listed for the business. The official address for the business is technically a residential address, but that is just where the business license is linked to. We are a gear delivery service that would fit in perfectly on this page tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60491-Activitie…

We deliver gear to our customers, and even help customers plan camping trips. Being included on the Jackson Hole Gear Rentals page would make a lot of sense, and show people a complete list of companies offering these services. I have had a few different customers tell me they could not find me on TripAdvisor. Not many customers want to take the time or know how to request to add a company on TripAdvisor. Please let me know how we can get listed on TA. We need a medium for customer reviews, and I want it to be Trip Advisor!

Thanks,

Patrick

www.tetonbcrentals.com

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Hi Patrick and welcome to the Support forum! This is primarily a peer-to-peer assistance forum. I'm just a member like you.

I don't believe it is the address of your business but the fact that you don't have a store front, which makes your business an online only business, and Tripadvisor does not list this type of business.

If you read the listing guidelines, you'll see "It must be open/available to customers on a regularly scheduled basis." and disqualifies "Items solely on the web" from being listed as Attractions. You can get a Resource listing but those type of listings are hard to find on this website and cannot be reviewed:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Silvia

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
1,724 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Hi Patrick

You have more chance of winning the Lottery than speaking to a human in Tripadvisor.

John

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Registered fee-paying business owners have a chance of talking to a member of TA_Staff. Regular folks do not.

Most questions can be answered faster on forums.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Just a tiny clarification; you don't need to be a fee-paying business owner to contact the owner's office at ta, but you do need to have a listed business.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Just a correction to PacificNWFamily's post. ANY business owner with a listing on Tripadvisor has a way of talking on the phone to Owner Support, not just fee-paying business owners.

Tripadvisor does not provide phone support to unlisted business owners nor its general membership.

"Most questions can be answered faster on forums." Totally agree.

Silvia

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

johnhp702, since this is an online website, I really don't see any reason for TA to provide phone service for non-business members. Why would a 'regular' member need to speak to them? You can contact staff via the Help Center, or ask any question on the Support forum :-)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,307 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Thanks for the correction.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
1,724 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

Hi

For me it is somtimes better to explain the problem on a one to one (either by email/phone) with a human as or you seem to get from TA are automated replies which do not address the problem. I realise that you may be an expert in you own area but my problems are here. I use the Help Desk/Review board on a weekly/daily basis raising issues with listings but you do not get the fastest response (apart from the auto reply).

Thank you for you comments anyway.

John

Orlando, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

So we tried to book last night. The owner replied w/in 15 mins of our non-confirmed booking that the dates were NOT available. However, TripAdvisor is holding funds for 24 hours on our CC???? This is crazy. I need to book another spot and need the available funds on my CC. I will NEVER book w/you guys again! Release my funds!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Talking to a human at Trip Advisor

That sounds more like a function of credit cards in general, not just ta.