We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with PM messages

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Problem with PM messages

Is there a problem with the Message Centre? My in box says I have 4 messages, but there was only 1. I looked in notifications and it says I have 3 more messages from that person, but it says 3 months ago, 4 months ago, 5 months ago. Another DE just mentioned they have 14 messages, but there is only 1 from the same member mine is from.

I just reported the issue via the Help Centre. Has anyone else has this same problem today?

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
23,867 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Problem with PM messages

Hello. I do not know if this can be of help. Yesterday, on the french forum, someone reported the same problem; it seems that the cause was a spam that has been blocked by filters. Now the problem has been resolved.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Problem with PM messages

Yes, it could have been SPAM or old messages that were caught up and never delivered. You might go back a few pages of your received messages and see if they're from a long past date.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Problem with PM messages

Thank you loremat and sodomojo,

I scrolled through 8 pages in my Private messages and found a few that I mustn't have dealt with going back to January, 2014. They were easy to spot as they were black/darker than the others. Once I deleted them my new message count and notifications went down. Weird. I got all excited when I saw I had several messages and couldn't understand where they were. Strange that there was several months delay. Someone had wished me Happy New Year in January and obviously I never replied.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,470 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Problem with PM messages

Well, I'm glad you were able to sort it out. I don't know if it would help to contact TA staff via the 'help center' and see if they need to 'reset' anything on you account to prevent this from happening in the future. It's worth a shot.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,719 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Problem with PM messages

Thanks sodomojo. I reported via the help centre early this morning. Another Singapore DE you know says she is having the same issue. Both of our issues are related to messages from the same person.

6. Re: Problem with PM messages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 07:16