We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

IBK almost made us miss flight

24 June 2014, 0:10

It was about a customer who was let down by his transfer company.

There was no inappropriate content.

I'd be really grateful for an explanation.

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

Likely been considered inappropriate by TA community.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,811 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

Hi kendo01;

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is primarily peer-to-peer assistance and TripAdvisor staff will not answer your question on the forum, as moderation is considered a private matter. You will need to contact TripAdvisor staff directly for an answer.

I would suggest using the "Contact Us" link within the Help Centre to contact TA staff with your concerns.

Contact Us > General Support > Forums> Help using the forums

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

Liverpool
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

Thank you. This is not worth spending any more time on but I think it's very unfair for somebody to complain about poor service only to see the vendors friends have the topic closed.

Thanks again for the information.

Ken.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

see the vendors friends have the topic closed

------------------

How would you know that?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,659 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

I agree that if the post was removed for no good reason other members reporting it for whatever other motives someone needs who read the post needs to take a minute to contact TA and have the thread restored. Maybe if you know the original poster, you could let him know how to do it.

Silvia

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

see the vendors friends have the topic closed

------------------

How would you know that?

=========================================

Presumably based on your own remark that "Likely been considered inappropriate by TA community". Doesn't that mean that a specific (but undisclosed) number of members have clicked on "report inappropriate content"?

Purely coincidentally, of course.

USA
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

I am sorry that TripAdvisor staff rarely post on this forum.

It is quite possible that kendo01 is correct and the vendor's friends have had the topic closed. We have no way of knowing. A group of businessmen in any location can conspire to show their community and businesses in the best possible light. You can ask to have the thread reopened here: tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport-a_category.41 Choose "Help using the forums".

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

As I understand it anyone can ask to have the TA Moderators look at a thread and consider re-opening it via the help center. One doesn't necessarily need be the OP (original poster). I have done so on several occasions and had posts/threads reinstated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

kendo ~

This kind of thing happens on many forums all through the website. It's part of life on TA. It becomes a matter of learning how to report to TA and asking them to assess and reinstate the OP and thread if it did not violate any guidelines.

The only thing to be aware of though is a review cannot be written in the destination forums if there is a listing for the company being complained about or alternately lauded. A review must go on the listing. If there is no listing, fair game in the destination forums.

I suggest you go through the Help Centre link just to stand up for fair play. We can contribute to "fair." Use the following link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

==> How may we help you? Choose > Forums, Private Messages, Trav Articles

==> What would you like to to? Choose > Help with the forums.

==> A text box now appears, into which you paste the URL of that thread and explain your concerns. TA will assess and make a decision.

Edited: 28 June 2014, 21:07
10. Re: Can anyone please explain why this topic was closed down?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16