We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,218 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

On the Owners' forum, there have been complaints of businesses being labelled as CLOSED without checking with owners who are registered with TripAdvisor. The latest problem is a business that was recently marked CLOSED despite the fact that the owner posted a management response just a week ago!

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i14281-k7588444-…

TA needs to amend their procedures for flagging these businesses. I know that owners (like everyone else) sometimes miss reading important emails. But in my experience, listings that I have reported as closed haven't been flagged as that until six months later, so perhaps owners can be contacted early on in the process, and again just before the flag is finalized?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

One word - Manpower!! I think it's become a victim of it's own success!!

Scotland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

Yeah, they won't change business ownership without stupid amounts of proof, but close it without any

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

Sorry, CW, but none us can open the post you linked to. I've seen several posts about this on the Spanish language forum as they don't have a private owners forum.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,218 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

Sorry. Sodomojo; I meant to state that the link was to the Owners' forum, and as such, is primarily there for TA staff.

5. Re: Listings CLOSED, registered owners not consulted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 07:16