We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

Hi, I noticed that my real full name is showing on my reviews all of a sudden. Going in to settings, I am listed as my user name but that's not what is appearing on my postings, how can I change it back to my user name? I don't want to have to close my account over privacy concerns. Thank you.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 23:10
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

Only your Facebook friends can see your real name. Disconnect from Facebook and they won't either. If you search in the box just above here for Facebook you'll find instructions fir doing so.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

I see your profile name as JessGirls. If you're comfortable with and want your FB friends to see your TA activity then you can leave it and if not, there are ways to disconnect the two as joeintheuk said they can be disconnected.

tripadvisor.ca/…59220674

Regards,

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,452 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

You can also leave them connected but adjust your Connected Account settings on Tripadvisor to not share anything on FB: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Settings-cpf

Silvia

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

Thank you all so much!! I have now disconnected and see that my name is back to my user name when I look. I didn't ever connect the two, in fact I always log in NOT using my facebook login to avoid this happening but l suspect FB has changed some settings lately... I know for a fact I had to go to my settings in FB to stop auto play of video's uploaded by others on my news feed. Anyway, thats irrelevant here, haha. Thank you all again for your assistance.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
52,698 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

Yes, it sound like a Facebook feature. I've read that this might be called Instant Personalisation, but I have no knowledge of it as I don't use, or want to use Facebook. Friends tell me that vigilance needs to be exercised constantly when using that particular website.

6. Re: My user name was replaced by my real name! Help to change??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:16