We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 month in the usa summer ideas please

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 month in the usa summer ideas please

So I am 21 years old and surprising my mother with a trip to the usa in a couple of weeks.

Would love some suggestions on things to do while there/ tips as I have been so caught up with work that I haven't had a lot if time to plan.

Have 7 nights in Honolulu, 9 nights in New York- staying near Times Square, 4 nights in Las Vegas, a night in anahiem and 7 nights in hollywood ca.

Any locals or experienced travellers with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We want to see the sights, go shopping, tourist type things really.

Thanks heaps

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 month in the usa summer ideas please

Hi Ellieannie92,

Welcome to the forum!

The forums are primarily member-driven. There are destination and non-destination forums. For questions related to a specific destination, you need to ask questions on that forum. Before posting a question, I'd suggest having a look at the Top Questions on the upper right of the page as there's lots of helpful information on many of the forums.

Usually, you can find a forum by entering the name of the destination and the word forum but there's a glitch. For example, New York City Forum. I'll provide the links as it's currently not working. Currently, in the search box upper right, enter the name of the destination in the search box, e.g. Honolulu then the Honolulu Tourism page comes up. From there, on the top left you'll see Honolulu with an arrow; click on the arrow and select Honolulu Travel Forum - here it is:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g60982-i38-Honolulu…

New York City Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York_…

You'll be able to find the rest. Here's the main Forum page:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ForumHome

I'd also suggest searching on the forums (there's the specific forum search box at the top of the threads). There's a wealth of information from past threads.

Have a great trip!

Regards,

L4

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 month in the usa summer ideas please

I think 7 nights in Hollywood is way too much- not really much to see and do there IMO I was in LA for four days and couldn't wait t to leave! I'd go to San Francisco and Napa Valley any time over LA/Hollywood.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,101 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 month in the usa summer ideas please

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Ellieannie92;

FYI...This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself. It is not meant for "travel support".

Best Regards