We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listing Help

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Listing Help

Just wondered what "category" a Bar comes under. It doesn't serve food so is not a restaurant, it doesn't have accommodation so that's out, It's been denied under "attraction" so I'm pretty stuck now, yet I see there are lots of bars listed under Nightlife/Things to do but I'm struggling to fund out how to list it as that, any help would be appreciated.... Thanks.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,813 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listing Help

A bar that does not serve food falls under Things-to-Do > Nightlife as per this page:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

While a bar that serves food may qualify as a restaurant:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Silvia

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Listing Help

Hi Silvia

Thanks for that, yup, get that, but when I go to submit listing how to I submit it as a nightlife option under things to do? I can't see anywhere on that page that says "list a business" :(

Thanks.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,813 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Listing Help

Use this form:

www.tripadvisor.com/ReviewIt

Select Attractions, type in the name of the bar, then click on search. When the database does not find it, underneath there is a hyperlink "Tell Us More About it". Click on it to open the listing form. Attraction will be already selected. Then you'll see a drop-down menu where you select Category. The third down is Bars. Tripadvisor if it lists it will place it under Nightlife (again provided that they don't serve food).

Silvia

Edited: 09 July 2014, 21:30
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,813 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Listing Help

Sorry I should have mentioned that despite having rename the main category Things-to-Do, Tripadvisor has kept the old label "Attractions" in this form.

Silvia

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Listing Help

Ahh ok, thanks so much, I used another form that was just "attractions" it didn't pre-select nightlife etc, that's maybe where I went wrong.

Thanks again :)

Edit: Actually, in following that link it's the same form that I used, and I remember selecting Bars, I'm sure... if for some reason I selected "club" when in fact it would fall under the "bar" category, would they reply to me saying that they can't list it under club/nightlife but have listed it under bar/nightlife or would they just not list it at all?

As far as I can tell it matches the criteria for a nightlife attraction, it's open to the public albeit 3 nights a week but it's regular and no membership etc so it's not a members club..... Just wondering whether it's worth submitting it again or just forget about it.

Thanks again.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 07:19
6. Re: Listing Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:15