We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Identification on my reviews

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Identification on my reviews

Although tripadvisor says Alice S. will be displayed, both of my reviews display my full name and home town. How do I get it just to show Alice S. without cancelling my account.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Identification on my reviews

Hi Alice,

Welcome to the forums!

Only your Facebook friends see your name. I see Alice S and Princeton, New....

Why does my real name or Facebook picture show on TripAdvisor?

"If you have connected your Facebook and TripAdvisor accounts, we show your Facebook name and picture to you and your friends. Anyone who is not friends with you on Facebook will see your TripAdvisor display name and avatar." (more to the article)

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

If you're comfortable with that, just leave it. If you want them to be completely separately or choose what to share then please post back.

Regards,

L4

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,900 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Identification on my reviews

If you have linked your Facebook account to your TA account, you and your Facebook friends can see your full name. I am not your friend and I cannot. Your reviews say "Alice S"

=========

Good morning L4. You type fast!

Edited: 10 July 2014, 15:50
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Identification on my reviews

Sometimes I type fast. Good morning to you! Nice to see you on the forum :-)

Regards,

L4

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Identification on my reviews

Thank you so much! I am so relieved! It's ok if my Facebook friends see my name, but now the wide world, especially when I am being critical. I do find it frustrating that there's no way to contact tripadvisor (just like Apple) but I have found forums like this very useful, like Apple! Again, thanks.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,900 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Identification on my reviews

Hi again Alice

If you want to contact TripAdvisor_Staff, you can do it! The link for the Help Center is now located at the More tab at the top or at the bottom of every TA page. (I'm not sure where it is on the mobile app ... drop down 'dot' menu on the right maybe?)

General Support (upper right) will give you options, then select the topic that best matches your need. It takes 3 - 7 business days to get a reply, so posting on the support forum (where L4 is typing quickly!) is usually a better idea.

6. Re: Identification on my reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:16