We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Try to search in Android app - no result

2 posts
Save Topic
Try to search in Android app - no result

Some time before search worked well, but now I have realised that search completely doesn't work. I try to search 'London' and have no results. Could you help with this issue?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Try to search in Android app - no result

Hi Sergii,

Welcome to the forum!

The forums are primarily member-driven and I'm a volunteer. I have an android phone and on the app to test this. When I do a search for London, at the top are local listings with "London" in them and then worldwide including London England so no issues for me.

Do you have the most recent version? While there are currently some search issues on the full site, I haven't seen any other reports of search issues with the app. Do you have any other examples? Or, were you searching in a different way; e.g. to write a review?

Regards,

L4

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Try to search in Android app - no result

Hi! Now I have updated to the latest version and have same behavior in Android app: I put cursor into the textbox under "Plan the perfect trip" label, search window with search and cross signs opened, starting input first 3 characters of London" - "No results found" below, complete "London" - "No results found" as well, press "Enter" key and have only hotel found as results. These steps for search word "Kyiv" works the same, but return hotels, activities, attractions etc. after "Enter" key pressed. So, when I am inputting text in search window - I don't have "on-fly" results. Maybe it depends on my phone settings?

P.s. In web site search works perfect.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Try to search in Android app - no result

That's very odd as it works for me. Do you have an old phone or one that hasn't been updated? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall? If a reinstall doesn't work I'd suggest contacting TA Staff; do give them time to reply rather than resubmit. Here's the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

First box, select: Site & Features Next box: Mobile app or site (the rest is self-explanatory)

Hope you can get it to work.

Regards,

L4

4. Re: Try to search in Android app - no result

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 05:16