We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Message

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Private Message

I received a private message and have replied to them in the past just fine. In this case, I have been unable to reply to luv2fly2 and the message says "Missing userID 500"

Has this happened to anyone? Perhaps the person closed their account in the few days it took me to reply? I looked them up on Trip Advisor and tried to send a message there and same response.

thanks for help

Marcia

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,397 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Message

Hi and welcome to the forums, Marcia!

Yes, I've seen that error message. Usually she that happened to me, I checked my Sent box and I find that the message went out. The problem in my case was that I was pressing the Send button and holding it down. Try checking your sent messages and see if it went out.

If that's not the case, then contact Tripadvisor staff via the Help Center: www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport Select Forums, Private Messages and Traveler Articles > Trouble sending or receiving private messages

Silvia

Edited: 15 July 2014, 20:15
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Message

Thanks Silvia

It isn't in my sent and I tried many times.

I actually went to the HELP Center before posting here. From General Help, I get the first part of Forums, Private Messages and Traveler Articles but do not get anything else as in no more pop up windows or screens to select from and no submit button.

I guess I just won't worry about it.

thanks

Marcia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Message

Here's what TA_Jeanine, TA Staff Member, says about this and she also mentions what Silvia has stated in Post 1:

"I asked around about this and was told that this can occasionally happen when you start a message and then leave that tab or window for a while and then comes back, or if you click reply more than once and two reply windows open (you may only see one), or if you click send more than once. One suggestion is to check your sent folder, because many times the message does actually go through.

When responding to a message, make sure to click reply only once. Sometimes it can take several seconds for the action to process and the reply window to show up, or for the sent confirmation to appear. Finally, you can try temporarily disabling your antivirus software, and many times the problem will stop if it's disabled." (again, direct quote from TA_Jeanine)

From this thread:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5193374-…

Regards,

L4

Edited: 15 July 2014, 21:42
4. Re: Private Message

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:15