We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

insure me please!

Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
Save Topic
insure me please!

I have reserved a villa in Turkey, using trip advisor site. The gentleman I talked with is not the home owner. His name is in the information, though. He has send me a 6 pages document and asked me to fill it out with the name of all the guests using this property, In addition he wants the rental be paid completely ahead. I don't feel comfortable what if I pay the money and there is no property!! He is supposed to send a shuttle for me to the airport and reserve a water taxi to transfer us to the island which the property is located at. What if I arrive at the airport and no one is waiting for us? How can you insure me that everything is going to be nice and smooth as it is promised? There is not even a phone number in your site to let me contact you if something is going wrong.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: insure me please!

Hi,

Unfortunately, no one here can reassure you. The villa only advertises on TA. The villa could advertise in a newspaper too, same thing. The newspaper could not tell you anything about the villa, either. If you don't feel comfortable with the man, with the payment request, keep looking for an accommodation you are comfortable with.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: insure me please!

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Nasrin_ronaghi;

Vacation Rentals are paid advertisements on TripAdvisor's sister sites, FlipKey & Holiday Lettings. Just like ads in a newspaper, a certain amount of caution should be exercised.

Other users have suggested paying the deposit by credit card or PayPal, which gives you some protection, if there is a problem.

Best Regards

3. Re: insure me please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15