We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closed post

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,708 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
closed post

How do I find out why my post was closed on the Andalucia forum? it was a "revised itinerary." how can an itinerary possibly be inappropriate? I have no idea how to find out what was so inappropriate about an ITINERARY that the post had to be closed down?

Thank you for any advice!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: closed post

You ask Tripadvisor staff via the Help Center: www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport Select Forums, PMs and TAs; then choose Help using the Forums.

Silvia

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,751 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: closed post

Is it this one? I'm still seeing it open.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…59914249

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: closed post

No, this was the follow-up, called "Revised Itinerary" that I wrote after taking in all the advice I got on that particular thread that you referenced.

Oh and, thank you Syliva, for that information! I have sent them a message.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 15:49
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,751 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: closed post

All I can assume then is the "TA community" voted it down as a duplicate post even if it was simply a follow up to your original question - and the number of TA members who vote a post down to get it closed is a closely guarded secret. Some destination forums work like that I'm afraid.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
17,708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: closed post

It was quite a bit different from the original. But oh well. Looks like I am getting closed all over the place! haha.

After six years I'm still trying to figure out why the "How many sleeps" threads are appropriate to a destination forum, while some actual questions about the destinations are deemed inappropriate. Seems like someone somewhere has an agenda.

Hopefully TA can shed some light on what was so inappropriate about an itinerary.

I'm now leery about posting another thread on the Andalucia forum.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 15:49