We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

Irving, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

Aloha. I have been trying to add my massage business to TripAdvisor for over 2 weeks now and am having no luck. They have responded with "business does not fit criteria", which I listed it as an "attraction" since I didn't see how to add it to "Wellness and Spa" under "things to do in Maui". Does anyone have any help they could offer on how to list a Mobile Massage business on TripAdvisor? I have clients asking how they can review us on TA.

Mahalo nui loa,

MauiKim

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,616 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

Welcome to the forums!

The category you selected is correct but a mobile business fails to meet at least one of the listing criteria for Things-to-do:

"The business must have an official name, address, and published telephone number." https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Sorry I don't think there is anything you can do to get listed save for opening a shop for it.

Silvia

Irving, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

But we have a business address, a phone number and we can be contacted to come to them or people can come to us. It's up to the customer how they want their service, not me. And not TripAdvisor. This is poorly designed and needs to change from a customers prospective. And it's a shame because I am having clients ask how to leave a review on TA for us.

Irving, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

Mahalo Silvia for the information. I forgot to mention that. Also, since we are literally the first to do this on Maui - there are no other spas that do mobile couples massage on the island - this might be something that TA needs to look into changing. Being a former IAC/Match.com employee, I encountered these types of "one-off's" a lot. And well, if TA wants to service the world, they might want to think about changing this. Regardless if you work out of your home, or out of a box, if you have business, you should be able to list it on here.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,616 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

You're welcome! Tripadvisor makes guidelines and all listings actually require an address, even for tours. If you have a home business, you can list with that address if you don 't mind that published on a website (that means, you can get people knocking at your door). That said, also by being mobile, I'm assuming you go to where your customers live by appointment; another listing requirement is fixed times of operation.

Anyway, you probably do better with a listing on Yelp or some other site with laxer listing requirements.

Cheers,

Silvia

Irving, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

Thank you again Silvia! Your information is much appreciated. I have submitted both our PO Box, which I understand won't make the cut, and I have submitted it with our home address, which is our business address in addition to our PO Box. As far as appointments go, we have 4 set times to schedule a massage each day of the week. All of this is explained on our website, which I only assume isn't used to "verify" you are a working business by TA. Either way, I'll keep at it and see what comes of it. Have a great day!

6. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 January 2015, 02:05
7. Re: Trying to list my massage business on TripAdvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2016, 07:16