We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 5 star review not posting

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
My 5 star review not posting

I posted a positive review for a property in Philadelphia 18 days ago. I received the automated response from Trip Advisor that it was received. Later that day I posted a 3 star review of a NJ hotel and also received the automated response. A few days later the NJ review was posted but the Philadelphia review has never been posted! (It is also is very frustrating trying to contact Trip Advisor).

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,880 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 5 star review not posting

Hi

The number of dots / stars / circles / whatevers aren't relevant to delays. Sometimes it just takes longer for some reviews. And some reviews experience extra long delays being uploaded.

As it's been more than two weeks since you submitted your review, I recommend asking TA_Staff about the status.

www.TripAdvisor.com/GeneralSupport

- Reviews

- Not Listed

Las Vegas, Nevada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 5 star review not posting

I didn't think it had to do with the star rating until I was searching the forum and saw complaints that positive reviews were not posting.. Thank you for the link - I had been looking for a way to direct an email to Trip Advisor, but kept getting redirected - maybe because if mobile device. I would not have even posted here . Thanks!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,880 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 5 star review not posting

You're welcome.

There is a link to the Help Center in a variety of places, but it's hard to figure out where you want your request to be directed. The full website has a link to the Help Center at the bottom of every page and in the drop-down menu under "More."

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 5 star review not posting

>> saw complaints that positive reviews were not posting <<

You will also see complaints that 'negative' reviews are not posting!

There are several reasons a review may take longer and it doesn't matter one bit if it is good, bad, or indifferent :-)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 5 star review not posting

Someone once complained that his review wasn't posted because it was middle of the road and so therefore "obviously" TA wanted only negative or positive reviews :-)

USA
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My 5 star review not posting

"As it's been more than two weeks since you submitted your review, I recommend asking TA_Staff about the status." TripAdvisor staff stated that asking for a status update will not speed up your review. There is nothing for you to do but keep waiting for a review that is marked as pending.

7. Re: My 5 star review not posting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16