We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review I prepared but did not publish yet

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Review I prepared but did not publish yet

I prepared parts of a review last night but did not publish it as I wanted to wait for breakfast the next day. On the top of the page I received an acknowledgement that the review has been saved ever couple of minutes. However now I cant find any section with saved unpublished reviews. Has the unpublished review been saved anywhere or is it all lost?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

Hi there

Tbh I've never noticed a "save" notification when submitting reviews... erm... I think that would only save in draft whilst typing and in the submission process, but I can't think what the advantage of that would be if you are unable to retrieve it from a "draft/pending" folder within your profile - which, incidentally would be a great idea!!

We usually suggest to compose your reviews within something like Microsoft Word an then you can save it and come back to it to add more when you're ready. You also have the benefit of grammer/spell checks and the ability to save it on your PC so that should something go wrong during the submission process then you have it to hand and won't have to retype it all again.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

To get the draft back, I think you just go back into the same listing (on the same pc) and click to eerie a review. I think the draft pops up there.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,539 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

this feature has been appearing intermitantley over the last week or so.Looks like it is a feature TA are playing around with but have not actually told anyone about yet.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

I think it was announced about a year ago.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

In reply #2, it should read "write"a review and not what it says.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

It could be an eerie one though Noah ;-)

Thanks UG - as I say I've not noticed it before, it would be a great addition for sure, fingers crossed it gets implemented :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,384 posts
1,083 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

I've had the feature for about a year also, Noah. I've never 'lost' a review though so don't know how to retrieve it, Peter J. Try what Noah suggests and see if it works :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

Here's the thread where TA_Jeanine makes a few comments about the draft review process:

tripadvisor.ca/…43676560

Regards,

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,465 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

That's the way it works, like Noah described it. Start a review again of the same place and as long as you're accepting Tripadvisor cookies, you'll get the text of your saved review (for 30 days).

Silvia

10. Re: Review I prepared but did not publish yet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:17