We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

Manchester
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

Hi,

I have used the mobile app to "try" to enter my last 2 reviews. On both occasions the app has said I'm not signed in when I try to submit the review.

It takes me to the log in page even though when I open the app it says I'm logged in as me. After the log in process, it says that a copy of my review has been saved on my device.

When I go into draft reviews it says that none have been saved.

I put a lot of effort into my reviews and having lost 2 in last month is a real pain.

I'll certainly think twice about wasting any more of my time on it!!!!

Anyone know of a way round this?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

I have been having the same problem - apparently there is a problem with .co.uk on mobile... I just gave up in the end and submit anything via lappy.

If you still want to submit the review then we always advise composing them in Word or similar and then save it and submit, that way you'll always have a copy of it.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,747 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please note Tripadvisor forums are member-driven. There is a problem with the sign-on with the website and apparently with the apps for users in the UK. Tripadvisor is aware of this.

With the app, I don't believe you can change to the US site but you could using your browser.

It looks like you are using the Offline City Guides. I just tried it and I was able to save a review without being signed-on. You should contact Tripadvisor Staff via the Help Center and point out that you can't save a review if you are not sign on. I certainly could. Use this form: www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport Select Site & Features > Mobile app or site.

Silvia

PS: Any chance you're out of available memory to save on your device? Those "saves" are off line.

Fairlie, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

I have four hotel reviews written. For some reason I am unable to post them. I

Can anyone help or explain. Never been a problem until 10 days ago

DerekmAndrews

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

I assume you have the text saved somewhere ?

So, first of all logout. Then delete the TA cookies on your browser.

Then login, then try again.

If that doesn't work try a different browser.

You could also say what happens because unable to post them doesn't provide much explanation. Error message?

5. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 01:05
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

Derek ... .??

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,747 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

But only delete Tripadvisor cookies if you have a draft elsewhere in your computer. Otherwise, try to submit by logging on to Tripadvisor.com instad of tripadvisor.co.uk (change the flat on the upper right corner of your screen). If you typed it in the same computer, start a review of the same place again, and Tripadvisor will retrieve your tex from the cookie.

Silvia

8. Re: Reviews lost after being forced to sign in again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:16