We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listed under Incorrect hotel

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Listed under Incorrect hotel

Hi TripAdvisor support team,

Recently we have submitted our new hotel in the TripAdvisor using the below link two times.

www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedAccommodation

However the confirmation mail from the TripAdvisor team contains a link which is different from our original listing, which is 'The Residence Nilaveli'. This is just to confirm that Our business name is 'The Residence Nilaveli', the link that you provided is 'Shihara Hotel Nilaveli'.

Appreciate if you could help me to list down our new business in to the TripAdvisor hotels/accommodation list. Or if you could advise how to solve this problem.

Many thanks,

Ziyan Sinnen

Link provided - www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-d2239413

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,033 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

Hi Ziyan and welcome to the forums! Please note that this forum is primarily peer-to-peer assistance. You're not contacting Tripadvisor staff.

There is currently an issue with the new listing system. It mostly seems to be affecting businesses that have similar names and/or addresses. Tripadvisor staff is aware of it.

You'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see if Tripadvisor fixes this issue. Then resubmit your listing request.

You may want to subscribe to this thread where TA Staff posted: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7660313…

Silvia

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

Hi Silvia,

I would like to thank you for your quick reply for my problem.. As you advised I will try it by next week and see if it is working fine now as the original post about the bug also has been updated.

Eventhough knowing that you are not a TripAdvisor staff, another suggestion from me to the TripAdvisor team is,

It would be better if the TripAdvisor team can have a customer enquiry mailing section as well. Because it took so many days for me to find a way to get a solution for my problem. As a well known and one of the best travel site TripAdvisor should have more better ways to handle customers enquiries..

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,

Ziyan Sinnen

Edited: 09 August 2014, 02:00
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,033 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

You're welcome, Ziyan!

You can try again now. The issue was finally solved a few days ago. Hopefully this time it'll work well.

Tripadvisor does not offer phone support nor a direct way of contacting them for unlisted businesses. However, posting on this forum will pretty much always get you a response and a possible solution to your issues. Most of the posters on the forum know this website very well. The forum is, as I said, primarily member-driven. But Tripadisor Staff pops-in every now and then to assist.

Silvia

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

Hi Silvia,

Once a again your help is much appreciated and thanks for keeping in touch. Let me try submitting and will let you know with the progress...

Wish you a great weekend...

Ziyan

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

Hi Silvia,

Once again I have posted my request and it gave the same result. So I'm not sure how to solve this problem..

Please advise thank you...

Ziyan

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,033 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

OMG, we were told the issue was solved. Part of the issue was that requesting a new listing after a rejection would send out the very same email as before, king of just in case you didn't get our first email. It's clear that problem persists as you shouldn't have received a response so quickly.

I'm going to post a link to your post on this thread which I hope TA Staff is still monitoring: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k7660313…

Silvia

Edited: 10 August 2014, 13:42
7. Re: Listed under Incorrect hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:16