We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place not listed

Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
place not listed

I wanted to leave a comment about place not listed... Impossible...help in the forum doesnt help at all

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place not listed

Hi Sylvain,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure how you can say that help in the forum doesn't work as this is your first post. So, you can request a listing although the answer depends on if you're using the site or a mobile device. First, I'd suggest looking to see if the business/place can be listed and here are the listing criteria:

What kinds of places does TripAdvisor list?

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

If you're trying to submit a listing request for something that can be listed and you haven't found it listed on TA, just start with the review page. Here it is:

https:/…UserReview-e__2F__

As you go through the review process that the business does not have a listing. You'll see, "No results matched your search term." Scroll down a bit further and you'll see, "Can't find what you're looking for?

Try a different spelling, and include the name of the city.

Still no luck? We may not yet list this restaurant. Tell us more about it. We will look into it and e-mail you once we can accept your review." "Tell us more about it" (in blue), is a link which will open a page so you can submit your listing request.

If you're using a mobile device, then please reply for those instructions

Regards,

L4

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place not listed

Sorry, here's the link:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/UserReview-e__2F__

Regards,

L4

Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place not listed

Been there...done that..... Can not access any pages to create a new place... Been on forum to... Use mobile to access trip A

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,031 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place not listed

I believe using the mobile site, you should be able to add a new listing but not with the Tripadvisor app. Which mobile are you using?

You can also use the full site with your mobile browser with the instructions provided by L4. Note that once you search for the listing and the database turns no results, you need to click on a small blue hyperlink at the bottom of the form, Tell us More About it. That opens the listing request form. Sorry we can't provide a link because it is a pop-up form that you can only access through www.tripadvisor.com/ReviewIt (or the link L4 gave you).

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place not listed

As Silvia says, you can always access the full site. For some mobile devices, here are the instructions:

With my phone, android, to do this:

1. from TA app: in the main app box, select Write a review. If it turns up 0 then exit. Go to the main search box at the top. Type in the name of the business. If "No results found", click the magnifying glass on the virtual keyboard. You'll then see "No results found" and there will be a button that says "Add a place" and you can click and start from there.

2. From the TA mobile: select Write a review. When the listing isn't found, it will say, "We can't find what you're looking for" and you'll see a green button/bar that says, "Add a place".

If it's with an IPhone or something like that, let us know.

Regards,

L4

6. Re: place not listed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 20:38
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,031 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: place not listed

Where did I forget to say that it cannot be done with the App, Jumbie001?

My first sentence: "I believe using the mobile site, you should be able to add a new listing but not with the Tripadvisor app""

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place not listed

It does seem that there's now a glitch. However, this is the way to add a new listing with the app when it's working so there must be a new bug.

Regards,

L4

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
9. Re: place not listed

Hi Silvain and all,

Apologies for popping in late due to being out for a few days. Using the iOS app, you should be able to tell us about a place to add via the mobile app (although it looks like you can't write a review of it at the same time you request it). Once we add the place you requested, we'll email you. The function to add a place using the Android app is not currently working.

You can request us to add a place using the iPhone app by using these steps:

1. Sign into the app

2. Use either the Search field or the "Write a Review" section to search for the place you are looking for.

3. Press the "Search" button on the iPhone mobile keyboard

4. If we don't currently have the place listed, we'll display "Is TripAdvisor missing a place?" and an "Add a Place" button.

5. Follow the onscreen directions to tell us about the place you want us to add

6. We will email you once the place is listed on our site so you can write your review.

I hope this helps!

Jeanine

Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: place not listed

Sorry but I still can't find the add new listing button or any button to click after the clicking the magnify glass and the search not showing the place I was looking for. I am trying to use both the app and mobile site in iPhone 4s ios7 and app updated.