We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Level Contributor
8 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hello, maybe this is not the right forum, but I got no response from the TA Support. I have several reviews which just "disappear" - even though I got a confirmation mail that they are received? It is a problem I have experienced about the last 3 month - is there any problem with the TA site?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,053 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi and welcome to the Support Forum! You're in the right forum for your question. Keep in mind that like all other TA forums, this is also a forum primarily where member help other members. I don't work for TA.

You have several reviews posted in the past three months: www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/997cc

I take it that there were more but they are now missing from your Review list, correct?

No, I don't think there a general problem with TA posting reviews. But every now and then even if a review is verified, when it then goes through the semi-automated process of checking for compliance with review guidelines, they may indeed be removed from the site.

How long ago did you contact TA? Did you use this form? www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport In my experience, it takes between 5-7 business days to get a response.

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi Christian,

Welcome to the forums and yes, this is the right forum. The forums are primarily member-driven and I'm not staff.

Are you contacting TA Staff via the Help Center, then selecting Reviews > Status of my review > Not listed?

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

I'm wondering if you've given staff enough time to respond. Though it does say you'll get a response fairly quickly, it can take several business days and even longer in the summer due to staff holidays. Also, once you submit a request, if you send repeated messages, it will just take longer (I'm not saying you've done this).

Hopefully you're writing the reviews in Word or some other way so that you have copies. I'm not aware of any system issues regarding reviews. Are you submitting them via the main site or mobile?

Regards,

L4

Level Contributor
8 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hello and thanks for your comments. I am still not sure what happens, but in the meantime I have got response from the TA Support Team with regards to 2 of my "disappeared" reviews. The answer is that these reviews have been caught in their filters for not comply with the guidelines, but they "can not go into details". I have checked the guidelines again and my formulations, and I think that I really stick to a sober tone. Anyway I thought that I will get a notification when a review is removed/not published, but I did not hear anything?

For some of my other reviews I have heard nothing from the Support Team, i.e. I have sent in a review the 27th of July, sent a request to the Support Team the 6th of August and still have heard nothing? This review and some other earlier posted reviews do not show up in my profile as "pending", but are just disappeared?

I can not see a pattern, it seems a little random what is happening.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi

I suggest you post a copy of the review[s] here so we can assist you with seeing where it /they may have infringed the guidelines

Level Contributor
8 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi, here is one of the reviews which not complies with the guidelines (originally wrote in danish and below translated by Google Translate):

"Exciting and different cafe, which nestles in Naestved center, and with the option of outdoor seating.

We chose tapas for lunch with a South African rosé wine. It should be noted that there be something extra out of the food that is inviting and tasty.

Prices are very fair and the service very good.

A visit we clearly can recommend."

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,053 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Since the original was in Danish is hart to tell what could have caused your review to be removed by the automatic filters.

Modify the text a bit and resubmit it.

Silvia

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,696 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi Christian;

Did you submit your review, written in Danish, to an English language version of TA ?

Best Regards

Level Contributor
8 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi, no I submitted my review written in Danish to tripadvisor.dk (I am 99% sure ;-)).

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

HI Christian K, I appreciate that its been auto translated but "Exciting and different cafe, which nestles in Naestved center, and with the option of outdoor seating" sounds very much like something you'd find in a brochure or publicity material and not written by an "everyday" reviewer.

Do you perhaps have marketing as a profession as I recall one other case where brochure like language got the review marked out by TAs algorithms ? Either way TA has automated software that looks to determine if text is original and not copied from elsewhere and also a person experience, and that really doesn't sound like it, even though I'm sure it was.

As a reader it also doesn't mean anything to me. Why is it it "exciting" (how can a cafe be "exciting"?) Why is it "different"? Do they not provide food or drink perhaps :-) It has an "option" of outside seating? Is that any different to saying "it has outdoor as well as indoors seating" ? Thats wordier but more "everyday" language that may not irritate TAs filters?

So, as I say i appreciate it may have been mangled by translation software but I think that phrase alone would do it and also it doesn't help me decide if I'd like to visit anyway. Perhaps try rephrasing it substantially.

"I found the cafe, which is in the middle of the Naestved shopping complex, was exciting because every now and again a lion would walk past the outdoor tables, which we found very different to the normal staid cafe where patrons arent at risk of being eaten" Or something like that perhaps?

Edited: 18 August 2014, 10:52
Level Contributor
8 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reviews just "disappear" and no response from TA Support?

Hi "Joeintheuk" and thanks for your reply. I am not working with marketing and the phrase is 100% my own.

Anyway, I get your points :-) Thank you again.

Best Regards

Christian