We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do i get my business listed?

Providenciales
7 posts
Save Topic
How do i get my business listed?

How do i get my business listed? I've tried over and over and nothing. No email from trip adviosr saying anything. PLEASE HELP.

My website

www.provoconnectiontaxi.com

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do i get my business listed?

TA don't list taxis.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do i get my business listed?

Hi there and welcome to the Support Forum! This forum, like all other Tripadvisor forums, is member-driven.

Did you check your email spam box for a message from Tripadvisor?

I took a look at your website. You provide taxi services. Tripadvisor only lists accommodations, restaurants, and things-to-do. Your business does not appear to qualify for a listing on this website. The listing guidelines are here: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Be careful of posting on the forums and recommending your services. It is against the forum posting guidelines to advertise your services and worse posing as a traveler to do so. Please read the forum posting guidelines:

https:/…200613647

Silvia

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do i get my business listed?

TripAdvisor does not list taxi companies,

It would list a company offering day tours but you do not have a web page listing day tour services.

Providenciales
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do i get my business listed?

Hi Silva

Yes we do provide tour services. My website is in its creating faze and not yet finish as yet. But i'll have it updated with the tours we provide.I'm new to trip adviosr and i really don't understand the full site as yet.So please excuse me if i did anything incorrectly.

Providenciales
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do i get my business listed?

This is funny because unique taxi services in priovidenciales is listed in tripadvisor as a taxi? WHY????

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do i get my business listed?

Hi there,

If you don't yet have your website finished with the tours you provide, then wait until it is finished. Request the listing again, and in the website field point to the URL of the page where your day tour are listed. Remember to take a look at the Activities listing guidelines and ensure that the information Tripadvisor needs to give you a listing is on that page.

I reported Unique Taxi Services as an incorrect listing. While they mention tours on their webpage, there is no further indication of tours provided on that page. If I'm incorrect and there are tours listed on their webpage, then TA will ignore my report.

Yes, every now and then, humans make mistakes and businesses that shouldn't be listed get listed. They don't last very long though. All members contribute to reporting incorrect listings, reviews that violate guidelines, etc.

Cheers,

Silvia

Edited: 15 August 2014, 17:08
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do i get my business listed?

Sorry I forgot to mention that if you get a listing for your day tours, only those can be reviewed. You airport transfers and other taxi services cannot. If you get reviews for those other services, they won't be posted and if they are, they'll be taken down later.

Silvia

Providenciales
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How do i get my business listed?

Hi Silvia

Thanks for your help.Below is the updated website, can you review please

http://www.provoconnectiontaxi.com/410236976

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,301 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do i get my business listed?

Hi,

I can only offer you my opinion as a member. You need to read the tour listing guidelines (Activities) carefully:

"If the attraction is not in a fixed place (e.g., tour or cruise), then scheduled departure times, place of departure and destinations (if applicable) must be provided on the website or in the brochure. We list companies that offer day tours or day cruises.

Tour companies that offer private tours MAY qualify for a listing if:

The company offers day tours (not overnight or multi-day).

The company is licensed/recognized by local city or tourism officials.

The company has a website.

The word “Private” appears in the listing name."

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

If you do offer day tours, have a separate page for them, with all the information that TA requires and including a description of the tours for your prospective customers. If I were planning a trip, and come across your site, I would have no clue what it is that you're offering, what and where these places are, why I would want to visit them, nor how much you charge for your tours or how long they last. Are you a licensed tour operator or have anything to prove that you're recognized as such by your local tourism office? That's a requirement too.

Silvia

10. Re: How do i get my business listed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:17