We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

Dear TripAdvisor

I have on a few occasions posted reviews but found on being published that they have not included the photos I upload. This occurred most recently on the La Chassagnette review published today. Is this a glitch at TripAdvisor. There seems to be no way to subsequently add them.

It is annoying as uploading photos is a long and tedious business.

FoodieArch

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

Hi

The vetting process for reviews and photos is different

Reviews can be published by means of an automated filter system whereas all photos need to be signed off by a human being and this takes longer

Are you saying some photos never get published?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

FoodieArch, I see you have nearly 500 photos posted, recently including 18 posted on 8th Aug and about 50 posted on 7th Aug. It is normal for photos to take a day or two longer, on a rare occasion they may get delayed further. This is to ensure that TripAdvisor does not post inappropriate photos of any kind!

>>There seems to be no way to subsequently add them.<<

You can always add additional photos once your review is posted.

You can always add photos of properties that you have not visited.

>>It is annoying as uploading photos is a long and tedious business.<<

If your internet connection is slow, yes it takes awhile if you're adding a large group of photos. Otherwise, I think it's reasonably efficient and wouldn't call it 'tedious'.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

Thank you

I will try to add photos where the original upload was not published.

Of course I understand that you have to vet photos. i try for restaurants to show the food and one shot of the restaurant and, for Hotels, a range of photos of the rooms and public rooms as well as sometimes particular photos which show something of the particular character of the Hotel or the stay. I noted on one post you omitted a photo of a charming girl, who shared a bullock cart ride with us which expressed the charming and open welcome we had at this particular hotel but i understand you may have felt this may be misused by some people.

Perhaps, i post too many photos but I believe they are all relevant and hope they help. For example, I received a good deal of hits on the photos of the Can Roca restaurant in Girona.

I look on the reviews as a way to really give good advice to others and give praise where warranted and alternatively warn where there is a serious problem. I find TripAdvisor invaluable as a sound basis to choose restaurants and hotels.

Many thanks

ps Like many Architect's my spelling is appalling and my one regret is that I cannot return to correct the appalling mistakes!

USA
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

The add photos procedure is tedious.

1) Click on "Add Photos & Videos".

2) Post Photos page lists the property, good for a double check. Click on "Add Photos". (OK so far.)]

3) Instead of an "Add Photos" page there is an extra click on "Add more files". Odd, when I have not added ANY files yet. This extra click is unnecessary. Tedious.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

>>I noted on one post you omitted a photo<<

You have posted on an open forum and we are all just volunteer contributors here, not TripAdvisor staff. Staff is easily identified by their screen names preceded by TA, such as "TA_Bob" or "TA_Betty".

-

LOL, one extra click is *tedious*? LOL :-))

Waiting on hold 17 minutes for the 'next available representative' -- now that's what I call tedious!

USA
Level Contributor
6,989 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

I submitted ten photos last week. After a while an extra click gets tedious and it is one extra click on a website that is chock full of tedious extra clicks and tedious extra page loads.

Broken Hill...
Level Contributor
7 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

I posted 5 photos with my review and the quality of the pics was terrible, not at all like the great quality. Hence I had them deleted because they were so bad. Now I find that I cannot re-ADD them.

Is there a solution to this.

Thanks!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

Hi. I have attempted to have several photographs published with my recent review of The Golden Clube Cabanas. I receive messages thanking me for the photographs but they have not been published and I have not received notification of them being pending. The photographs are important to the review. Could you advise please?

9. Re: Submitted photos not included though they were uploaded

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2016, 07:16