We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Question and Answers

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Resort Question and Answers

I have just had my first e_mail from TA asking "flipflop_man, a traveler has a question. Can you help?"

I may have missed this but can someone from TA please explain the thinking behind having the separate Q&A section - why should people not use the travel forum - is that not what it is for?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Question and Answers

Hey FFM - where does the "traveler" ask the question direct to you if not via pm or forum? I've never heard of this either, unless it comes via a review perhaps?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Question and Answers

Hi

The e_mail came directly from TA to make me aware of a question that had been asked and the text read

"Because you recently reviewed Excellence Playa Mujeres, we thought you might be able to answer a traveler's question about it. Can you help?"

At the bottom of the review page users are given the opportunity to "Ask a Question"

tripadvisor.co.uk/…AskQuestionForm

Edited: 19 August 2014, 18:17
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Question and Answers

Ah OK, that was the only place I was thinking of... I've never had one tbh, I would have thought that it would go direct to your inbox, no?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Question and Answers

Yes direct to the Inbox on your TA registered e_mail account

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,254 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Question and Answers

This is a new feature, and is meant to ask specific questions about a property. Owners/managers and members who have reviewed the business are automatically notified by email of questions.

You can read more about the Q&A in the Help Center:

What are Q&A: https:/…202864963-What-are-Questions-Answers-

Guidelines: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Unsubscribe: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

Silvia

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Question and Answers

Thanks

I still see it as a big overlap of the destination forums but at least it is more of a separate area where owners / managers can respond

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,693 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Question and Answers

Ideally, it's for Qs like what brand are the toiletries in your rooms, do you have smashing good sheets and where can I park more cheaply than at your hotel.

Ideally people would ask just those hotel/resort specific questions.

Whether or not the Qs remain specific is to be seen.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort Question and Answers

All such questions are already asked and replied to on the destination forums

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,086 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort Question and Answers

For some destinations, the main forum contributors are locals who are not knowledgeable about the minutiae of each hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,693 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort Question and Answers

I don't think my forum regulars and DEs could answer specific hotel questions. I certainly haven't stayed in more than 5 of the hotels in Vancouver.

We get some Trip Reports from visitors, and a very very few visitors who come back to post for a few months to help others. That's it.

Just one forum of course. But may be more common in cities than in resorts, or Las Vegas and the Disney operations where details might prevail. :-)

At first I was a little miffed that another "forum" had been created in the hotel listings. But, if the intent of asking hotel specific questions is kept, I can see it as a benefit to potential visitors. It certainly will add administrivia time and effort to the jobs of the hotel staff.