We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Besancon, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hello,

When I tried to leave a review, only three criteria out of six appeared in the hotel ratings. I tried reloading the page and the other three did appear for a second, then disappeared. I'm using a computer and this happened with both Firefox and Chrome.

Another person reported the same problem on the francophone forum. Any idea here?

Regards,

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,513 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hi Marc-Ariane;

I would suggest clearing the TA cookies from your computer.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

Besancon, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hi,

Unfortunately it didn't help.

Thank you for your suggestion, though.

Best regards.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,898 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Which criteria are present/ missing?

Which listing were you trying to review?

Does this happen on all listings?

Do you have AdBlock, Stylish or other extension that can affect page appearance?

Besancon, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hello and thank you for your help.

I was trying to review the B&B Rossosegnale in Milan : tripadvisor.fr/Hotel_Review-g187849-d4097922…

But this happens with all the hotels I try to review.

The funny thing is the three criteria appear randomly : in the case of Rossosegnale "Service, Room, Value" on TA.com ; but "Service, Cleanliness, Sleep quality" on TA.fr, the french version of TA.

For another hotel I get "Service, Room, Sleep quality".

I did have Adblock on Firefox but disactivating it didn't solve the problem. As for Chromium, it is free of any extension whatsoever.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,399 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hi,

I'm using Safari and I also see that some of the previous individual ratings are missing. I tried a place in New York and got Service, Cleanliness and Rooms.

With one in Virginia, I got Services, Location and Cleanliness.

With one place in India, I got Service, Location and Value.

I don't know if this is a glitch or simply by design and a new form. Very strange indeed. Hopefully TA_Jeanine is around and clarifies this for us.

Silvia

Edited: 21 August 2014, 14:51
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,399 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Ah, and for the Rossosegnale which you said you got "Service, Room, Value" on TA.com, I get "Service, Cleanliness and Location". It's quite random if we also get different items on the same site for the same property.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hi everyone,

We're trying to gather as much information as we can about a hotel in order to create a better experience for travelers planning their trips. Some new questions have recently been added to our Write a Review form in order to collect reviewer information about the hotels themselves, and we now rotate the optional sub-rating questions, showing three. So you may or may not see particular sub-ratings when you review a particular hotel.

We are constantly improving our site and our user experience team is reading your feedback and continuing to evaluate our Write a Review form.

I hope this helps!

Jeanine

TripAdvisor Staff

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,399 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Thanks, Jeanine. Mystery solved!

Silvia

Besancon, France
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

Hi Jeanine,

Thank you very much for your answer but why doing such a thing? It's very frustrating for the user. I would like to be able to rate all the criteria and I really don't see the point of restricting the possibilities randomly. I also think it is quite unfair for the establishments. Their advantages and drawbacks may or may not be appreciated as they should according to chance.

I really regret such a change.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing criteria in hotel ratings‏

All in all I think the text of the review is far more important than the bubble ratings