We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AED currency

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
AED currency

Can you add the UAE Dirham as currency as well?

Thanks

Mariam

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,075 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AED currency

Hi Mariam,

AED (the currency code for Dirham) is on the currency list. Click on the drop down menu next to your user name, top right or your screen.

Silvia

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AED currency

This is the second post today where a currency that is on the list has been reported missing (ZAR in the other case)

I wonder if there is a glitch affecting some users or possibly app users (or it could just be coincidence)

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: AED currency

Hi Silvia,

I was actually referring to the currency list on the app, forgot to mention that. Sorrry!

Mariam

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,075 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AED currency

Mariam,

Which app and on which device? I'm not certain this it the correct way of doing it but just tried it and worked form me in the iPad Tripadvisor app.

Click on the arrow next to your avatar and user name. Select My Profile. An inside app browser opens with your profile. On top of the screen, you'll see again your user name as well as the currency selected (as if you were on the main website). I changed USD to AED, went back to check prices and prices were in AED.

In the Tripadvisor app for iPhone, in Settings, neither AED nor ZAR are available currencies.

Silvia

Edited: 23 August 2014, 15:37
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: AED currency

Hi Silvia,

I'm using TripAdvisor samsung edition(andriod).. version 9.1.3 rc 160 build 99. ZAR and AED are both unavailable..

Will there be an update for this?

Mariam

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,955 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AED currency

Silvia, me and most posters on these forums are not TA staff so have no idea when or if TA will make updates.

Only TA staff (with TA_ prefix to usernames) can comment on behalf of TA

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
44,075 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AED currency

You can send a note to Tripadvisor staff via the Help Center: www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport Select Site & Features > Mobile app or site

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AED currency

If you want, instead of using the app, you can use the mobile version of the full site and either of those currencies can be selected. On your phone, from the full site, you can get to the mobile version; on that you'll see a wheel that will take you to settings or from the vertical list select Account settings and you'll find the currencies. The app has much fewer currency options.

Regards,

L4

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: AED currency

Yes I have noticed that the AED currency is on the mobile website.. I just find the app alot easier!

Silvia, I have gone to the link you have provided and put in my request. Thanks!

Mariam

10. Re: AED currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:17