We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why has my reveiw been deleted?

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
why has my reveiw been deleted?

On the 16/08/2014 I made a review about the beach house in Hobart due to a horrible experience, I was informed by another guest that my review had now been removed, I don't see why as I am one of the guests who stayed at the beach house and I am also the only wheelchair user to ever post a review on this 'wheelchair friendly' location, I would appreciate an explainination as my review was completely within the guidelines and was originally put up. I can only think after the hassle we have received from the owner that he has had it removed which shows bias towards any good reviews he has had. I add my mother in law also had hers removed without being told which has now been re enstated since she contacted trip advisor x

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why has my reveiw been deleted?

If you ask TA they will tell you, there are multiple possibilities, but one of then obviously is NOT that the owner can simply get it removed on a whim or there wouldnt be any bad reviews here at all would there and you MILs review wouldn't be back !

Go here http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Choose reviews then status of my review

Then "not listed"

You will get a message back after a few days saying why.

Most two common reasons are

1. You broke a review guideline

2. You didnt answer a verification email.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why has my reveiw been deleted?

Thankyou I've messaged them it can't be the email as I check them daily, and I'm sure I filled the guidelines I guess I'll wait for a response x

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,257 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why has my reveiw been deleted?

Did you follow the directions in post 1, or did you message staff some other way?

Check your spam folder for a wayward email from TA.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why has my reveiw been deleted?

I followed the instructions x

5. Re: why has my reveiw been deleted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 06:16