We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

False advertising

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
False advertising

I am planning a trip to Buenos Aires, so I was happy to receive an e-mail from TripAdvisor with "Buenos Aires vacation rentals that'll take your breath away‏" as its subject. I open the e-mail and find an avalanche of vacation rental links for everywhere in the world EXCEPT Buenos Aires.

I hope that this was an error that TripAdvisor people would want to know about and correct. I don't want to believe that TriAdvisor uses such fraudulent tactics in order cram down our throats ads for places we have no intention of going to. Besides being unethical, it would have been a totally dumb buisiness practice, a perfect way to turn customers away.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: False advertising

Hi EteranGuest,

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this.

I'm going to send you a private message with an email address to forward the email so that we can take a loo. Private messages are a feature where I can send you a message on our site- look for an email in a few minutes with a link to the Messages section in your member profile where you can read it.

I got this Vacation Rental emails this morning too. To the left of the photo in the email is a link in a yellow box called "See all Vacation Rentals". This should take you to the list of vacation rentals in Buenos Aires. The photos with green labels underneath that link (under where it says "You may also like") are for different cities.

Best Regards,

Jeanine

TripAdvisor Staff

2. Re: False advertising

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:17