We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is my review taken down?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Why is my review taken down?

If this is supposed to be a site where you review a business and warn others of places that treat customers terribly then why is it that when I wrote a review about cafe Aubergine in Eygaliers France that it was taken down. It's funny that this restaurant manages to have NO negative reviews YET I heard other diners complaining about their meal and the owner has a bad reputation of service and food. I have totally and completely lost trust in Trip Advisor - they took down my very truthful and factual review and have not responded to my complaint at all. This is not supposed to be like this.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,946 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why is my review taken down?

I'm not sure what you mean, I can see 5 terrible & 5 poor reviews there. Are you sure your review didn't break TA's review guidelines?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g425101-d1793…

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,069 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why is my review taken down?

Hi Murl_Saunders;

It sounds to me like you failed to respond to a verification email. TA sends an email for you to confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system. You have to click on the link in the email to confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

For an exact answer, you will need to contact TA staff directly. Is this the web form you used to contact TA staff ?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why is my review taken down?

Hi,

It could be that your review broke one or more Review Guidelines or perhaps you didn't respond to a verification email. Only TA Staff know the reason and I'd suggest contacting them to find out the reason. Here's the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

First select Reviews and next select Status of my review and then Not listed

There are many negative reviews on TripAdvisor. If a business disputes a review, it would only be removed if it violated a guideline.

Anyway, I would suggest that you give staff several business days to reply.

Regards,

L4

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why is my review taken down?

Do you still have a copy of your review that you can post here for some of us to look at?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why is my review taken down?

Sunmagic- I believe it is TA 's policy to have separate review sites for restaurants in inside hotels. The inn has reviews and the Auberge at the same address is separately reviewed at

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g425101-d1…

I think the reviewer may have reviewed the restaurant- and it could have been removed if the review was made on the hotel a site and not the site for the restaurant. Perhaps the reviewer can clarify where he posted the review- if he posted it on the hotel site and it was for the restaurant only that may be why it was removed..If that is the case , he should try reposting on the Auberge suite- I don't think TA repositions reviews placed on the wrong site- even if they have the same owner- they just remove them- just a hunch I have that this may explain the problem.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why is my review taken down?

While a review can be reported by anyone, as you know, owners can dispute a review for review guideline reasons, etc. or report a review for being published in the wrong location. If it's obvious that the review should be moved, then staff will move it. If there's any question at all of where the review should be, staff will contact the reviewer to clarify prior to moving the review. As I understand it, if the reviewer doesn't respond then the review stays where it is.

Regards,

L4

Essex
Level Contributor
27,631 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why is my review taken down?

Well....

If, as in your OP, you put in your review what you "overheard" other diners saying, then that is heresay and a violation of TA review posting guidelines, however honest it was, at the time...

A review here means an overview of YOUR experience, and yours alone....l

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why is my review taken down?

>> why is it that when I wrote a review about cafe Aubergine in Eygaliers France that it was taken down.<<

Probably because your review was not in accordance with the review guidelines.

Please post it here and we can give you suggestions so you can edit it for resubmission, staying within the guidelines.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 02:08
9. Re: Why is my review taken down?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 06:16