We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Collective Points

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Collective Points

I have tried to find out about the points awarded in the Trip Collective Program, and what and how they can be used for, but can't find anything. Does anyone know how it works? Is there a table relating to what the points can be used for? Or anything else relating to the Program. Appreciate any advice on this topic.

60 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
41,128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Collective Points

They are not useful fro anything- just a 'fun" thing TA decided to do- a complete waste of everyone's time and effort. They cannot be traded for any good or service. Worthless non sense...

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
26,505 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Collective Points

There are topics on the TripCollective points in this forums Top Questions section (TQ are over on the top right side of the forum page). There is also a huge topic on them (over 750 postings long near the top of the forum), here it is -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k8563…

Any time you want to find something use the search box just above the forum questions.

And unfortunately the points aren't like a rewards program where you can redeem them and get stuff. It's meaningless.

Edited: 15 July 2015, 04:12
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,778 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Collective Points

Hi Dobbo_13;

>>I have tried to find out about the points awarded in the Trip Collective Program, and what and how they can be used for, but can't find anything.<<

There is a link to the "Help Centre" at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Collective Points

Thanks to those who replied. I can see that the points system is totally meaningless. Perhaps TA might come up with something in the future? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,425 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Collective Points

One of the errors TA made was using the term "points". People think that earning "points" means earning something with some sort of value. You know, like frequent hotel stay "points"?

Think of them as starz or kumquats or make up some nonsense word!

>> Perhaps TA might come up with something in the future? <<

Have you thought about what most likely would happen if there was some sort of real "reward' for posting reviews / photos / forums? There would be hundreds of thousands of people who suddenly submit tons of "fake" reviews and one or two word forum posts -- just to get as many *points* as they could so they could then get some sort of discount coupon or gift card or whatever!

Lafayette, LA
Level Contributor
51 posts
771 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Collective Points

I have 60,443 points which I'm proud of. I just wish there was more than 6 levels. A person with 100,000 points deserves more recognition than person with 10,000. If they are going to make points worth nothing, then at least recognize the people with the most points and badges.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
105,323 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Collective Points

bandman:

What is there to be proud of? I have over a million of these worthless points, I believe. They mean absolutely nothing to me and I seriously wish that TA would scrap the whole TripCollective Program.

I do not want any form of recognition or rewards other than a 'thank you' from a contributor whom I have helped. That is reward enough for me.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,175 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Collective Points

bellagio Congratulations . You are a millionaire !!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
44,425 posts
1,108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Collective Points

LOL. Those million fake 'points' plus £2.50 will get him a Starbucks latte ;-)

--

>> I just wish there was more than 6 levels. <<

Yes, many of us agree that if TA is determined to keep the 'points', which is appears they are, then at least add more levels. Based on the many posts in the various threads on this subject, if every TA member had a vote to keep them or not, the 'points' would quickly vanish.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Collective Points

Cuban Millionaire on TA. - more than a one or two word post?

Reply to: Trip Collective Points
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted