We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillipines - Offering time in February/March to help?

London
Level Contributor
405 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Phillipines - Offering time in February/March to help?

Hi,

I am planning some time in SE asia next year, and i had the thought that i could offer my time for say 3 weeks in Phillipines, now i appreciate it may be a naive ask and realise sometimes surprise volunteers are a nuisance, but thought i would ask to see if anyone had some constructive comments on this?

If it helps, i have a audit/banking background and I am an accountant, not a skillset overly relevant, but its one that isnt often available to help

If anyone knows of how or specifically who i could contact, or whether its best not to try, i am just grateful for any comments

thank you

Mark

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phillipines - Offering time in February/March to help?

hi Mark. I am sort of new to tripadvisor and clicked on the "causes" tab and found your message. i am wondering if anyone ever responded to you... just interested in finding out if posting this message was helpful to you or if you found a place to be of assistance another way. such a good idea, by the way.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
28,373 posts
6,130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phillipines - Offering time in February/March to help?

Unfortunately these are very quite forums here on Tripadvisor. What I might suggest to those interesting in volunteer opportunities is to also do some research directly on the destination forums where local experts can help provide thoughts and suggestions in regard to opportunities, locally, which they may be aware of.

Here is a link to the Philippines forum here on TA if anyone reading this thread in the future is interested .

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294245-i3256-Phil…

3. Re: Phillipines - Offering time in February/March to help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions