We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay-friendly beach vacation?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Gay-friendly beach vacation?

Hi partner and I are looking for a gay-friendly place for a relaxing beach vacation in January. I am not visibly queer, but she is.

We're looking at the Caribbean as well as Central and South America. I've already been a number of places that I think might work -- Argentina, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Costa Rica...but I want to see if there are any options I am not thinking of. I've heard good things about Curacao being LGBTQ-friendly.

We are looking at staying somewhere roughly < $250 a night. All-inclusive and small boutique style hotels welcome/

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
13,662 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay-friendly beach vacation?

All those would work. Your best bet is Cancun/Riviera Maya region, which will have the widest variety to choose from at all price points. Check out Hard Rock or Palace resorts, Secrets, LiveAqua, Riu, etc. All are friendly and welcoming to couples and adults of any persuasion.. Excellent service, food and drink, beautiful beaches, lots of off-site activities if you want, erc

Good luck.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,400 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay-friendly beach vacation?

If it is the end of January then it will be warm enough to go to Key West, a town that is completely unique in FL.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay-friendly beach vacation?

Long flights, but what about South Africa? We have a long coastline touching two oceans, so plenty of choice. A relative and her wife take off to the coast on mini-breaks all the time as a couple - including pulling out the stops on a recent big wedding anniversary - and they seem to have a great time.

Reply to: Gay-friendly beach vacation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted