We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is your favorite beach vacation?

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What is your favorite beach vacation?

Hi all,

What is your favorite beach vacation and why?

ours-cancun, on top of everything great about cancun, it was the 1st place my husband and i got to escape the kids, after being trapped (lol) for 4 years with no break!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Anywhere in Cancun and along the Yucatan Peninsula. We've been going 1 to 4 times each year for the last 16 years. So many memories. Many birthdays with Feliz Compleanos sung sometimes by the SAME Mariachi bands. Many Holidays with great pictures. Favorite waiters at restaurants that have changed locations and they still remember us! Doesn't matter if it's a budget trip or Luxury resort. We've enjoyed it all!

East Moline, IL
Level Contributor
545 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

L2T27- How exciting! First thread! But I can't help the "oh great, another forum to add to the addiction" feeling. :)

VL- You are so Lucky. I love Cancun. I hope my family will enjoy many trips and memories in the future. And I wish your family many more as well!

Our first trip to Cancun was Aug. 2007. It was our (hubby and I) first "real" vacation alone. For our honeymoon, we took a cruise with 20some other family members. Definitely fun, but not very romantic. Anyway, I fell in love with the beach in Cancun and we are going for the 3rd time in Dec. Yay!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Definitely Bora Bora, French Polynesia & Maldives. I really loved the beaches & resorts there, based on what I've seen here in Trip Advisor. I wish I could have a beach getaway with my boyfriend to either one of those 2 destinations.

But so far, the no. 1 beach that I've been to is in Boracay, Philippines. I loved the white sands there, especially the calm nature & clear waters. =)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Tiwi Beach Kenya when staying in the Sand Island Cottages. Deserted apart from a few Beach boys and girl that wait for you to approach them and the other couples there are also usually mixed race couples

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
9,417 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Hi

Anywhere in the Maldives!

OD

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Punta Cana or Nuevo Vallarta.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Well - I actually grew up in the province that boosts one of the Top 10 Beaches in the World - Grande Beach, located just outside of the provincial capitol, Winnipeg, Manitoba. However, we absolutely love Punta Cana-white sand and amazing ocean. We are going to Nuevo Vallarta this Feb. for the 1st time - so I will do a comparison after the fact. Hi BobNH, regards, Leigh

wisconsin
Level Contributor
814 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Venezuela or Punta Cana

NewYork
Level Contributor
430 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Puerta Plata Dominican Republic!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is your favorite beach vacation?

Punta Cana ... hands down!

Been to Mexico, Puerto Plata & Nassau but Punta Cana beats them all IMO!

The people and the beaches are what makes it special to me :o)