We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a Destination

Lymm, Cheshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest a Destination

I was wondering if anyone can help. My wife and myself are looking to take a beach holiday around June 2012 and are stuck on where to go.

We are looking for a nice, relaxing beach holiday, off the tourist trail. Ideally we would like to go somewhere that is within 10-12 hours flight time from the UK although we will travel further for the right place. We have a budget of around £2500-£3000

To give you an idea of the kind of places we've been, we have recently been to Zanzibar, Maldives, Koh Phangan.

Please Help!

Lymm, Cheshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a Destination

Oh, I forgot to mention that we would be departing from the UK - most probably Heathrow.

Many Thanks

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,787 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a Destination

Would you consider the US? Dr. Beach has a top 10 list of beautiful beaches in the US and not all of them are in Hawaii, CA and FL (though lots are). One of the beaches that we like is on the list and that is Coast Guard Beach on Cape Cod. There is the gorgeous National Seashore along the Atlantic, dozens of Cape Cod Bay beaches as well as Nantucket Sound beaches, most all different from each other. June will still be a bit chilly for swimming but a beautiful time to come. Everything is open for the season but the July and August crowds have not yet arrived. Plenty of Zagat rated restaurants as well as casual, theater and all other arts, a variety of towns and really so much to do. Cape Cod is unique in the US. Happy trails.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,759 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a Destination

ever thought about a greek island? turkish or croatian coast. all absoultely lovely.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a Destination

Have you considered St. Lucia or Barbados? They are both beautiful islands and can be reached non stop from London in about 9 hrs. If you want something a bit less touristy, perhaps the British Virgin Islands?

Edited: 25 September 2011, 16:23
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,706 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest a Destination

I know you won't be able to get there nonstop from London, so it might put the travel time outside your target, but Anguilla, in the Caribbean, is one of my favorite islands for a less touristy, beach vacation (and I have been to the Maldives too). If you can get to St. Martin nonstop, Anguilla is a short boat ride or flight away.

Lymm, Cheshire
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggest a Destination

Thnaks for all the suggestions..... especially the BVI & Anguilla..... will look more closely at these destinations.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some unspoilt islands in the Indian Ocean apart from the obvious Seychelles etc.

Thanks everyone.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggest a Destination

I haven't been, but I've seen several great trip reports from Sri Lanka lately.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,759 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggest a Destination

how about the cook islands...google aututaki island...fabulous and still not touristy.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggest a Destination

How about an All Inclusive vacation to Cuba or the Dominican Republic?

10. Re: Suggest a Destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:19