We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest beach to fly to from Germany in the winter

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest beach to fly to from Germany in the winter

So, it's dead of winter, December - January, and I need the sun and warmth. What's the easiest, shortest flight travel to a warm beach from Germany? Is it the Caribbean? Mexico? Trying to minimize the connections and flight time, from Frankfort or Munich.

Thanks for suggestions.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest beach to fly to from Germany in the winter

Hi RoguePrince,

I understand your need for sun in the winter!

I am aware of three non-stop flights from Frankfurt to the Caribbean:

Frankfurt to Grenada (seasonal)

Frankfurt to Punta Cana

Frankfurt to Cancun

These flights are 10-11 hrs in duration.

I would recommend looking into the Maldives. The nonstop flight duration from Frankfurt is 10 hrs from Frankfurt to Male, Maldives. The Malidves is a tropical paradise unlike any other.

If you are looking for a much shorter flight, consider Egypt. Frankfurt to Sharm-el-Sheik is about 4.5 hours.

I hope this helps.

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest beach to fly to from Germany in the winter

Thanks! I'll consider those non-stops. Great suggestions. Maldives is a dream someday.

3. Re: Easiest beach to fly to from Germany in the winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2012, 10:19