We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Suggestions

kansas
Level Contributor
5 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Destination Suggestions

I'm looking for some suggestions on destinations please?

It's just my husband and I traveling - we love the warm weather and beaches. A few years ago we went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico and we've gone also to Cozumel- LOVED THEM! great places and great prices.

We may go back again, but thought i'd look for other locations and good price locations. A friend has recommend St. Lucia, but so far it looks like 40% more to travel there than Playa Del Carmen area.

Also looking for Mid-July Early August travel (dates are flexable)

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

Great warm locations

Beaches. water and sun a must

good pricing for travel

also really love all-inclusive

Edited: 02 December 2011, 16:37
idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
492 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Suggestions

i am not very good with mexico, as i have tried some really great "new" places.

sounds like mexico is what you want for the price. the other members can give advice on the carribean, but if you are interested in ferrying around a couple of greek islands, turkish or croatiian coast...let me know.

there are some great AI in fiji , but the airfare may kill you. but that is one of the best places in the world.

there are also cheap airfares to thailand right now, and hanging out on the thai islands is cheap, great food and wonderful sand and sun.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,519 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Suggestions

Well, first, you haven't really shared much about your interests beyond warm and beach. Are you into snorkling or scuba? Watersports? Eco travel (ie. rainforests)? There are a lot of options - Puerto Rico, Bahamas, US Virgin Islands, Barbados, Belize, St. Kitts, Aruba. I believe most offer AI packages, but some more widely than others. Pricing will undoubtedly be different based on supply and demand - and air options - as well as time of year. You may want to get on a site like http://matrix.itasoftware.com and compare airfare pricing.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Suggestions

If you are looking for an inexpensive location and all inclusive, I recommend Punta Cana or Jamaica. Other islands with a choice of all inclusive resorts are Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and Aruba. In general, these islands will be more expensive than Mexico, DR, and Jamaica.

Your time frame falls in the middle of hurricane season, so prices should be at a low point (except for Aruba which is not in the hurricane belt).

4. Re: Destination Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 21:16