We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday ideas for two pals needed.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday ideas for two pals needed.

Dear Tripadvisor Community

I am struggling for an idea of where a good friend and I can go on hols for the last week of April/first week of May in 2012.

I would really appreciate some suggestions for the best destination that fits the following specification:

-where scuba diving is possible

-where yoga centres are

-Maximum of 10 hours flying time from London, UK

-there is some nightlife that is not just for couples and families (we are two male friends (straight - if that matters)), but not the tacky, blaring nature of Malia, Ibiza, Patong, Nah Trang, Kuta etc.

-the weather is hot and sunny at that time of year.

We have already been to Thailand, Bali, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. - so any other ideas would be welcome.

Thank you

LMRM

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
522 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday ideas for two pals needed.

well, fiji comes to mind, but the yoga part , don't know. i am a devoted yogini, and i don't remember any on the islands. but they are so spritual, you will be in nirvana!!!...greek islands, croatia?? any of those sound good?

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday ideas for two pals needed.

The Maldives might work, but nightlife will be limited to the resort. The diving is phenomenal and some of the resorts have yoga classes.

Costa Rica also comes to mind. There are many yoga centers there, and there is some nice diving in the northwest. You will also find low key nightlife in many of the towns. Check out Tamarindo, Momtezuma, Mal Pais/Santa Theresa and Montezuma.

Tulum, Mexico is another idea. It meets all of your requirements very well. You can fly from London to Cancun, and it is an easy 1.5 hr drive from the airport. You could look at Maya Tulum which has a yoga center and sits on a white sand beach. Other lodging options are Suenos, Ana y Jose, Nueva Vida de Ramiro, cabanas la Luna, La Zebra and Om Tulum. This area has not only ocean diving but also cenote diving, which is very cool.

The south pacific islands will exceed your travel time.

Edited: 11 December 2011, 21:21
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,599 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday ideas for two pals needed.

I second the Mexico suggestion.......................

4. Re: Holiday ideas for two pals needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2012, 10:17
Get answers to your questions