We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babymoon ideas

Seattle
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Babymoon ideas

Looking for some babymoon ideas...and craving some beach! We originally thought of Maldives but a little too far for my comfort, felt like we should save that for when we have more time and not pregnant, etc.

Then thought of Caribbean since we've never been there, but hoping to travel August/September which is hurricane season. =(

We want beautiful white beaches with calm waters, and easy access snorkeling.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babymoon ideas

You're correct about hurricane season in the Caribbean, however, we have always gone in early July and never had a problem.

Check into the US Virgin Islands of St Croix, St John and St Thomas. Has everything on your wish list.

You can check out each individual island on the forums here on TA

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Babymoon ideas

Anywhere in the Caribbean is going to be a long flight from Seattle. The only places in the Caribbean that is pretty well "immune" from hurricanes are the ABC island (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao). Of these I'd recommend Aruba for what you are looking for, but it would be a very long trip from Seattle.

Although hurricanes are a concern, the likelyhood of being impacted by a storm is really very small. If you are willing to accept this risk (we go to the Caribbean every year in Sept. and have never had a problem) then I would suggest the island of Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos. Beautiful beach (probably the best in the Caribbean), decent "walk-in" snorkeling, and a good choice of smaller but very nice resorts. Post on the Provo forum for specific suggestions: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147395-i212-Turks…

But I have to also think about Hawaii; it is relatively close to you, has essentially no hurricane risk, and would probably meet your requirements.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Babymoon ideas

We returned from Turks and Caicos last week and the beach was use nicest (Grace Bay) that we have experienced in the Carribean. Hurricanes are a real concern. If you have the $$ than French Polynesia (Moorea, Bora Bora, Taha'a) are spectacular.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Babymoon ideas

I agree with the French Polynesia rec. August is generally a good time of year for the South Pacific. Hawaii is a good choice too

Other Pacific options would be Cook Islands or Fiji - all easier than the Caribbean for those on the West Coast US.

I would go with Moorea personally, or maybe Aitutaki.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,523 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Babymoon ideas

How about a wonderful resort in Mexico unless you'll fiy further - Kauai.

Birmingham, Alabama
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Babymoon ideas

I absolutely suggest Kauai as a fantastic option for you. We're considering this for our babymoon, as a good friend just returned from there (honeymoon) and her photos are incredible. Our honeymoon, btw, was in St. Lucia in September -- HUGE mistake on my part, as hurricanes were making us nuts with worry in the weeks leading up (we got very lucky and were fine). Sorry, rambling, but Kauai is consistently listed as a great babymoon destination so I thought I'd chime in.

Birmingham, Alabama
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Babymoon ideas

Thought this was adorable btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoT-JvWS09w

And Kauai tops this list ranker.com/list/…places-to-go

Seattle
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Babymoon ideas

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I decided to take the risk and booked Turks and Caicos! Hopefully no hurricanes and it won't be terribly hot!

9. Re: Babymoon ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:16