We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Carolina or Florida?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
South Carolina or Florida?

Which resort to stay at wild dunes in south carolina or hammock beach resort in Florida?

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Carolina or Florida?

Well, since my last name is Hammock (note the hammock in my avatar), and I grew up in Florida, I obviously vote for the Hammock Beach Resort. I realize this doesn't help you much, but I had to get it in there....

Actually, my brother stayed at the Hammock Beach resort about 2 years ago and enjoyed his stay very much. I have no info on the "Wild Dunes" resort.

Save Reply
2. Re: South Carolina or Florida?

We stayed at Hammock last summer in a 3 bedroom "suite" with a resort view in the main bldg. It was wonderful! My 3 children loved the pools. The beach is gorgeous and uncrowded. The reddish sand made from the cochina shells is very different than anything we have ever seen. Beach chairs/umbrella/towels are provided. So, you can pack less! Check their website for specials. We had a $100/day resort credit to use anywhere in the resort. We stayed 5 nights, so $500! That got us dinner in one of the nicer restaurants (can't remember name), a couple of poolside meals, dinner for husband and son in the sushi bar, a round of mini golf for all 5 of us, bicycle rentals for two of us, and a couple of gift shop items. I remember reviews prior to my trip complaining about check-in/room not ready. We walked in an hour early and were checked right in! The lovely part of this trip was the no tipping policy! We were able to enjoy the resort without worrying about carrying cash. One thing to keep in mind----they give you a card to charge everything to your room. They do not accept cash or credit cards around the resort.

We drove up to St. Augustine one day---30 minute drive. My children enjoyed the Pirate Museum.

I can't tell you anything about the golf, as we don't golf, other than that the Oceanside course certainly looked beautiful!

3. Re: South Carolina or Florida?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions