We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

Hi there

We want to go for a week of relaxtion in May 2013, to an All inclusive beach holiday, good food, good drink, everything included none of this paying for the safe business! We're not too bothered about seeing the country or culture as it's purely for relaxtion. We are off to the Maldives in the Nov so this is purely an early holiday to celebrate my birthday. We have been to Egypt before and seen lots of the country so wouldn't need to worry about it this time round, so was thinking of returning here, but think we should try something new too.

Budget around £1500.

Any suggestions? Firstly country then hotel?

Thanks.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

There are plenty of All Inclusive resorts along the Cancun / Riviera Maya Mexican corridor to choose from. For upscale dining I prefer the Karisma Resorts chain. Their El Dorado properties are adult only. http://www.karismahotels.com/

I also love the beaches in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There are several All Inclusive Resorts to choose from, but I've found the food not as good there (just my personal opinion) as in Mexico. I still go there whenever I can!

Good luck!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

Agree with Vacation-Loca... I think either Rivera Maya or Punta Cana would fit your budget and requirements. For pure relaxing on the beach with few outside distractions, I'd probably prefer Punta Cana, but if you want to take some tours/excursions, Rivera Maya offers better possibilities. Punta Cana is probably a few less air-miles, but it may not have as good/frequent air service. I'd suggest deciding on a location, then checking the forum for that destination for specific resort suggestions. I know that Punta Cana has a very active and helpful forum here n TA.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,295 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

Yet another vote same as both above...........................Mexico, or Dominican Republic................

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

Am suprised I can get those places in my budget! Will have a look thanks.

I've also been told today to try Tunisia. Any thoughts? Thanks

N

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

As expected none in my budget for Mexico or Domincan, I should have been more specific £1500 for both of us as is a cheap break before the Maldives in November.

Will definately remember El Dorado for future though, beautiful hotels!

I will go back to my research of Tunisia and Morrocco. If anyone has any expeirnce I would be grateful to hear from you on

A) Weather in early May looking at 10th - 17th May

b) Good hotels that aren't too quiet but not too hectic - fussy or what !

c) nice beaches, water to swim in!

d) good food and AI facilities.

Thanks

N

6. Re: Hot, All Inclusive, Relaxing in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 14:16
Get answers to your questions