We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation in january

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
vacation in january

i would like to go for a vacation in january for a week(18/19th jan-25th jan).Budget is 1 lakh.We are two pple(hus/wife couple) and boarding is from mumbai.I would like to know the overall price of the package(including air fare).The destination can be inside or outside india.Would like to have a warm weather and not very cold climate . would not prefer south india.Pls suggest a few destinations so that we can book tickets for the same.would prefer a calm place...can be a beach destination.We need to spend 1 week.accomodation should be in pretty descent hotels.Pls suggest as per above conditions.would like to restrict the budget to 1 lakh but even if it exceeds a little more its ok.Please help.we are 24/30 years old couple

Edited: 19 November 2012, 06:53
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,283 posts
5,510 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation in january

Hello lakshmi k

Welcome to Tripadvisor and the Beach Vacation forum.

It is actually against TA forum guidelines for TA members to tour packages and prices so I suspect you won't receive much response to this part of your query.

What I might suggest is to have a look through past discussions on the TA forums, including this Beach Vacation forum and research what is available in terms of beach (and other) holiday destinations inside and outside of India. Then once you have an idea of where you want to visit, you can spend some time on the destination specific forums to finalize your travel plans. The local experts of the various destination forums are usually quite helpful.

As you are potentially interested in a holiday in your home country of India. I might suggest starting off there as well. Here is link to that forum if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293860-i511-India…

Good luck in your travel research and hope you find what you are looking for.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation in january

I'm not sure how it would be from a budget point of view, but if I were in India (or that part of the world) and was looking for a warm beach resort, I'd sure look closely at the Seychelles and the Maldives.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,780 posts
1,979 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation in january

Philippines is further away and may be above your budget, but I would highly recommend Boracay or one of the other numerous white sand islands. Friendly people are a bonus in Philippines.

4. Re: vacation in january

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:17