We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

usa
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

Hi

I am looking for destination and inclusive place for early June this year. My nephew is graduating from college and the families want a carefree beachy celebration. We are from east coast USA, and budget minded. Anyone has suggestions of a place or websites to look for deals?

My sister mentioned possibly Jamaica or Dominican Republic, but we are very open. I wonder if you think the vacation packages tied with airlines are good deals? or Priceline types vacation packages?

Thanks

Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

i have not been all over, honestly, but i can def tell you i thoroughly enjoyed Jamaica, specifically OR. you will def enjoy it! in my research, it seems like some locations are better for lounging and enjoying beautiful beaches, and others have nice beaches but also a lot of activities.... What is it that you guys like to do?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

When I hear beach and all inclusive 3 locations immediately come to mind, because they are top destinations for all inclusive properties and frequented by North Americans..........

1.Mexico.......Riviera Maya/Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta/Cabo San Lucas

2.Jamaica...........Ocho Rios/Negril...Montego Bay- sometimes

3.Dominican Republic...Punta Cana, Puerto Plata sometimes.................

There are other islands with All inclusive properties here and there, but not as much as above...........

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

I almost always book airline/hotel packages together, rather than seperately........also, you should be aware that roughly June to end October is considered the "WET" Season in the Caribbean................this does not necessarily mean it will rain....just think you should be aware of this.....

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

Have a looks at the specials on www.cheapcaribbean.com.

What is your home airport?

usa
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

Hi

Thanks all for the input. We are coming from Washington DC area (DCA the closest) and Chicago area.

Our possible dates are between June 1 to June 15. But I think a 4-6 day long trip would be enuf on an island? Group is between 12- 20s- 40s to 60 years old so a little bit of everything would be good: lazying at beach, trying out our sailing hands or surfing feet, submerging in corals, golfing once or twice, exploring the island's history and local life if it's safe and not too much hassle.

The foods should be decent enough; after all we want to have pleasant memories :).

I checked United, AA for vacation packages and cheapcarribean.com . The last website did not do much better than going straight to airlines. Priceline and hotwire have similar prices but offer basic rooms, at least AA gives us one upgrade it seems. A specific one I saw was for Punta Cana Baravo Palace Deluxe for 900s for 5nts/DCA to PUJ. Is that a good deal?

Sorry for all the questions, I have never done all inclusive carribean trips.

Thanks

Edited: 11 January 2013, 17:49
Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

I'm thinking you should also look at Costa Rica. I had a destination wedding there, with Family of all ages. Everyone loved it - from the little ones to the 75 year olds. There is so much to do there (not the best snorkeling in the world though).

I'm not big on all-inclusive, large resorts like you find in DR or Mexico, so unfortunately I can not give advice on this style of vacation. There are plenty of people on this board that can help with AI.

Good luck!

Edited: 11 January 2013, 18:01
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

I believe you mean the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe at Punta Cana......

The $900.00 all in sounds like a pretty good price..............there are a couple of thousand reviews here on TA if you'd like to read a few, and check out some of the traveller photos......I can always get a good feel for a place by the traveller photos..........

I've been to lots of all inclusive properties ........I enjoy not having to pull out my wallet all day long, and having what I want, and doing what I want....the convenience factor is worth it to me............I also like larger resorts so there is always something new to see and do...I like a mix of active and relaxing too......

Edited: 11 January 2013, 23:12
usa
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

Hi

One more question: between Grand Palladium Jamaica and Royal Decameron which one would you prefer?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
29,259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

There are 2 Royal Decamerons....which one are you referring too......

Montego Bay or Runaway Bay?

usa
Level Contributor
177 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive vacation for families in June 2013

Hi

Sorry, Montego bay Decameron and the Grand Palladium Resort (not Lady Hamilton)

ps or compared with Secrets Runaway bay? Which one? for first timers

Edited: 17 February 2013, 00:06