We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5-10 day all-inclusive vacation, please advise

Toronto, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
5-10 day all-inclusive vacation, please advise

Hi,

I'm in Toronto and am looking to get away from here for about a week or so, maybe with in the next month or two. Me and my soon-to-be-wife want to go some place warm with an all inclusive package, but can't decide on anything. Either the price is putting us off or lack of knowledge of the place., so if someone can suggest a few locations and/or resorts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Places like Aruba, Turks and Caicos sound nice, but they're a bit steep, same with Belize, at least the resorts that I've checked out so far. Maybe someone knows some nice resorts there that aren't too expensive and offer all-inclusive package deals.

- My budget is about $2,000-3,000... Would prefer something well under 3K though.

- A resort close by the beach would be ideal

- We're a young couple (in our twenties) so we're looking for a resort that offers a good nightlife as well (bars/lclubs)

- A good place to stay with all the modern amenities

Thanks,

West Boldon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5-10 day all-inclusive vacation, please advise

Just back from the most fabulous beach resort called Kurumba in the Maldives,that would tick all the boxes for even the most discerning of travellers .If you haven't been to the Maldives before I can only urge you to do so.

Kurumba is a small island close to the capital Male, therefore you won't quite get the castaway feel. However the staff,accommodation , food etc by far makes up for this. You will love it!

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5-10 day all-inclusive vacation, please advise

Fights to Male from New York are at least $1300 each. That would blow the OP's budget before lodging was even considered.

I would recommend looking at some of the more budget minded resorts in Mexico, Jamaica or DR. Also, I know that Sunwing flies to Roatan, which is a beautiful island with nice white beaches and gorgeous water.

Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,780 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5-10 day all-inclusive vacation, please advise

Also check Costa Rica, thru LIR airport. To me, this is an easy exercise in looking at airfares and figuring out how much of your budget is gone after allocating the air.

4. Re: 5-10 day all-inclusive vacation, please advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 06:16