We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Weekend Family Holiday

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
September Weekend Family Holiday

I am 15 and my mum is thinking about a 3 day weekend holiday for my 16th birthday. We have only ever been abroad once and this was to the South of France. This is because we cannot afford holidays abroad so an off-peak holiday is what we need (that is why it is september that we are looking at) Ideally it will need to be in Europe because travelling time cannot be too long but we would still like it to be quite hot (ideally in the 20 degrees Celsius + bracket) We are considering Amsterdam because it has beaches and a lot of character for my mum! Would Amsterdam have good weather around the 26th of September? or does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you!!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

I'm not sure if Amsterdam will meet your temperature need, but it's close (just click open a weather site or google search it). I went to Barcelona this past summer and I think it might hit your temps. Athens might work, too.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,399 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

croatia or turkey...

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

I would also concur with Barcelona, also have you thought about Portugal's Algarve, I regularly take a 3 night short break there

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

The Costa del Sol is an excellent holiday destination....look at Torremolinos or Malaga...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

If you want more information on Malaga or Torremolinos click on the blue links contained within this post......it's that simple to get hotel/attraction/restaurant listings, and general information about the area....you can enter the local forum from there too if you would like to ask questions specific to the area.... whatever you decide, have a good holiday with your Mum!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

I would agree that Amsterdam would not be especially warm; it is further north than London.

Two possibilities for you; one close and one not so close.

Close: The Channel Islands (Guernsey and Jersey) are very close to London, although you could not drive there. They offer lots of beaches and things to do, although they are largely influenced by the temperature of the ocean around them so do not get real hot.

Not so Close: The South of France, on the Med coast. While many of the resorts in the area are very expensive/exclusive, La Grande Motte is sometimes described as the "working Frenchman's resort". It has some nice beaches, multiple resorts (we stayed at one in the middle of the harbor on our visit) and prices should be reasonable in September. You could drive all the way, or get there via high-speed train to nearby Montpellier.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

Thank you this has been really helpful!!!

8. Re: September Weekend Family Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions